Forum Discussion

SMQR
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Job codes in payroll entries not being included in general ledger posting

We are using MYOB Accountright Live 2020.1

Job codes that are included in payroll payments have not been consistently transferring into the general ledger. Within a single payroll run, some payment lines will post to the job and some will not. 

The glitch started to occur from a payroll period in January 2020. 

Has anyone seen this before or knows how to resolve it?

• Hi SMQR 

Can you please confirm if you use timesheets as well? If yes, please ensure that the job codes are entered on both timesheets and standard pay on the card file of the employee. In case timesheets are not used, are there any specific jobs that are not getting posted to general journal?

If possible, please attach screenshots of any payroll transaction having job codes and the general journal not having those specific amounts. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SMQR 

Can you please confirm if you use timesheets as well? If yes, please ensure that the job codes are entered on both timesheets and standard pay on the card file of the employee. In case timesheets are not used, are there any specific jobs that are not getting posted to general journal?

If possible, please attach screenshots of any payroll transaction having job codes and the general journal not having those specific amounts. 

SMQR
      Contributing Cover User

Thank you Komal_S ... you hit the nail on the head. I had 4 hours with MYOB Support last Friday and then 2 hours on Monday, and on Monday we were able to confirm that it came from imported timesheets not having a job allocation. Even though there are job settings in the standard pay area, and the payroll entry appears to be allocating to a job, the timesheet blank job code over-rides the other information when it came to posting to the general ledger. 

I am impressed with your response getting to the problem, thank you. 

Angela1234
        Experienced User

How did you fix this problem?  We have just started using Job codes and I am having the exact same problem.