Forum Discussion

AGA
Cover User
2 years ago

Link a User ID to your MYOB account

I am trying to do the STP Phase 2 update and the link takes me to online trying to link a user id to myob account - when i enter the info i get a error message:

Something went wrong try refreshing browser......

Nothing is working - currently been on hold to help centre for 50 minutes

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AGA 

Thanks for your post. It sounds like your Administrator User ID is not correctly linked to the online file. Could you go through the following steps and let me know how you get on with this?

1. Open the file using the Desktop version of AccountRight. As this is an online file, it will need to be opened from the online library
    2. Choose User Access from the Setup menu.
    3. Click the Administrator user and check if the same email address is entered into the email address field. If that’s the case untick “This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account”
    4. Click Save
    5. Choose User Access from the Setup menu (again).
    6. Click the Administrator user and then click This user will sign on with my.MYOB account
    7. Enter in the same email login address that you were trying to use and click Save and invite user
    8. Click Yes to update in my.MYOB when prompted
    9. Check that no other User IDs are linked to that email address. If there are other User IDs (including inactive ones) linked to the same email address, the email will need to be removed
    10. Take a backup of the online file and restore it on existing online file by over-writing it and then check if you can access file on browser