Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Re: MYOB desktop version

Hi @Liz_A  and @mistyben 

It all depends on the serial number. The outright purchase in 2003 would have been well before the current 12 digit serial number. A registration number would have been provided (and from memory these did not have a file limit).

The registration number would have eventually been replaced by a 12 digit serial number. This serial number would retain its perpetual status. Hopefully this was the serial number ending in 6920.

If not and a new Professional Partner serial number was issued ending 6920, this serial number may not have the 'perpetual' status. This could explain the difference in responses by different MYOB sections.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
63 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

63Posts

14Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @mistyben 

I will try and organise for someone to review your account + the upcoming changes and call you to help clarify.
I want to try and avoid further confusion or miscommunication by replying here and think a call will be best.

Hopefully once resolved, I will also get a summary that I can post here to also make it clear where any confusion has come from for others in the community that have commented or may read this thread.
Thanks!

mistyben
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

55Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike

With all due respect, the support from other competent users has been invaluable under the circumstances. 

I can't begin to comprehend that I will no longer be able to provide my clients with bookkeeping services if my files are set to read only.  Most are busy small tradespeople, who leave their bookwork up to me whilst they run their own businesses.  Some wouldn't even know how to turn on a computer and those who can don't have the time to run their own business and do the bookwork as well - let alone lodge a BAS return

Sure I could transfer their data to one of the other software packages I have, but that's not the point.  Why should I be penalized for being a loyal customer, partner and supporter.  Because I don't buy and sell myob to clients (to make a profit) and only recommend they use buy and use MYOB, other clients of mine who purchased because of my recommendation will be able to continue using their desk top version 19. 

To add insult to injury I have been demoted from "silver"to "purple" status because I hadn't attained sufficient sales or completed certain "qualifications". 

To be blunt, after reading all the thousands of forum posts frustrated at the lack of assistance and problem solving, I think I certainly have far more "qualifications" than the majority of MYOB's online assistants.

I've been over and over the "end of life, read only" scenario with my current Partner Manager, and as I've said many times - if my serial number is the problem CHANGE IT for me so I can continue to run my business

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
63 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

63Posts

14Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @mistyben  and @Liz_A 

Thank you for your patience while I have been trying to further clarify these changes

I can confirm the following:

• The CAP and Bookkeeper program will soon be discontinued. There has been no set end date for this yet so there is no immediate decision you need to make about your files. Our teams are contacting you in advance of the change to help with the options available to you.
  • Once these programs are discontinued, accessing these files, specifically from the CAP and Bookkeeper programs would render the data as read only
  • HOWEVER – as these are ultimately AccountRight V19 files, if you have a version of AccountRight V19 downloaded on your computer, you will be able to restore backups of files from your CAP or Bookeepers reference software into V19 and continue to confirm and use these in an offline capacity
  • The deal you are being offered to move into the new partner software will still be an option to you, and if you were to take this offer, you can still use your files in an offline capacity in the new asset, but there would be an ongoing subscription cost per file

Ultimately it was correct that you could still use your files offline (If you have v19 software available) but they would also go to read only (if you do nothing and try to use them in the CAP or Bookkeepers reference software after the date that they are decommissioned)

Sorry once again for any confusion caused through the communication of these changes.
I hope that the above is helpful.

mistyben
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

55Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike

I still find this totally confusing. 

From my last monthly invoice (which you can reference 1-88801013022) 

01. MYOB Client Subscription Charges $76.00

As for new partner software I already have the STP compliant version online

This has a different serial number from V19 and is used to enter payroll data only for my clients, and for which I'm also charged a monthly fee

02. MYOB Partner Additional Files $479.40

MYOB V7 (circa 2003) to AccountRight V19 has always been on my desktop and the data files have never been put online. 

So, as there is no need for me to restore backups once CAP and Bookkeeper assets are discontinued, please confirm that I will always be able to use my V19 data files offline and they will not become "read only". 

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
63 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

63Posts

14Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @mistyben, I will arrange for your partner manager to contact you again, I think this is best handled as a conversation to ensure there is clarity and you can ask questions in real time with the person you are speaking with.

mistyben
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

55Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike

once again - with all due respect - when I check back on all the different partner managers I've had in my time and the different answers and advice I've been given, surely you can give me a simple YES or NO to my question

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
63 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

63Posts

14Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @mistyben, in fairness, I feel that I have tried to give an explanation in simple terms twice now.
I can say that MYOB is not, as a blanket rule, making desktop files read only - this is important for all customers who may read our conversation to understand.
But MYOB is discontinuing the CAP and Bookkeeper assets, so if you do not move your files from these assets, they will become read only. This is a consequence of discontinuing the assets, and not a decision regarding the access of 'desktop' files.
Therefore you would need to import your files into a V19 asset in order to continue using them, OR you can upgrade into the new partner asset.
Your partner manager is best equipped to have this conversation with you and answer any question you have.

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @MikeG1 

While these terms might be clear to you, they are not to the average reader. What exactly do you mean by a CAP or Bookkeeper 'Asset'.  What exactly do you mean by 'import your files into a V19 asset'?

I have a reasonable knowledge of the MYOB software. Are you saying that the software a CAP user uses is different to the v19 software? So if @mistyben  can open a company file in say MYOB Plus v19.16 from the downloads page, then she is using a v19 asset and will not have any issue confirming the files going forward?

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
mistyben
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

55Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin

You've addressed my confusion completely - but why do I have to open  MYOB Plus v19.16 from the downloads page - when the program has always been on my laptop and the data files have never been uploaded

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post