Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

N-T general journal not showing on GST reports

Hi- I have entered a general journal and selected "display in GST BAS report as: purchase" using the tax code N-T. However, when i create either the GST summary accrual or the GST detail accrual report it doesn't show the transaction as existing at all. I am aware because it is N-T technically it doesn't effect my BAS lodgement but I would assume since MYOB is asking how to display it in the GST/BAS report that it would still be included in the report?

Can someone please clarify if I am missing something. 

Thanks, 

• Hi JHopwood 

The tax code N-T is a not reportable tax code and thus transactional lines marked with that tax code will not appear in the GST based reports. The exception to that is if is a reportable line on the transaction (i.e. GST) then you will report the N-T portion.

In terms of the Display in GST [BAS] reports option in the Record Journal Entry it is a required field for those transactions recorded via this window to denote how AccountRight will display the transaction. However, for those transactions that are only N-T transactions (i.e. all transactions have N-T as their tax code) then that selected option will not impact the GST or BAS reports.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JHopwood 

The tax code N-T is a not reportable tax code and thus transactional lines marked with that tax code will not appear in the GST based reports. The exception to that is if is a reportable line on the transaction (i.e. GST) then you will report the N-T portion.

In terms of the Display in GST [BAS] reports option in the Record Journal Entry it is a required field for those transactions recorded via this window to denote how AccountRight will display the transaction. However, for those transactions that are only N-T transactions (i.e. all transactions have N-T as their tax code) then that selected option will not impact the GST or BAS reports.

JHopwood
      User

Great- thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.