Forum Discussion

KIC
Cover User
3 years ago

backup and BAS

I put my local file online, because AccountRight was unable to produce a BAS report for Q1 2022 (see error message attached) - despite having administrator rights (this only occurred after the last upgrade).

The online file is connection is often unstable, and is frustrating to now access

I am now unable to back-up my online file. I get the 2nd attached message and I am unable to open the ZIP file that has been created

No one from MYOB has replied to my requests for help

Please advise how this can be fixed

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi KIC 

Welcome to the Community Forum. From the error message it looks like the BASlink information might be stored on a Mac? If this is the case you will get some issues accessing files between the parallel operating systems as AccountRight was designed to be used on Windows computers.

As the file is online you could access Access your AccountRight company file in a Web Browser and would not have the hardware limitations that the desktop version has.

Otherwise turning off folder sharing between the Mac and the Windows virtual machine might resolve both issues (both errors are caused by its inability to access folders).

Let me know how you get on and if you require further assistance, happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

KIC
      Cover User

Thanks Samara,

I will try your suggested fix, although as you say I can access my Company file online. What is puzzling is why the BAS error only occured in December 2021 and the failure to get a readalbe backup file only occurred in February this year. I have been using Accountright in Windows 10 running in Parallels for years with no problems