Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

spend money, purchases not GST registered

Hi,

I am a small business operator and Not registered for GST, my question is regarding processing 'purchases' and 'spend money' in MYOB.

Do I process the TOTAL amount of purchases/spend money in MYOB and use 'Tax Code" N-T? or is there a different way to process these transactions?

Thanks

Ed

• Hi espelberg 

Thanks for your post. Generally speaking, if you do not need to report expenses to the ATO you would use the N-T tax code and record the total amount of the purchase. However, I do strongly recommend speaking to your accountant or tax agent to ensure you are recording your expenses correctly.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you have further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi espelberg 

Thanks for your post. Generally speaking, if you do not need to report expenses to the ATO you would use the N-T tax code and record the total amount of the purchase. However, I do strongly recommend speaking to your accountant or tax agent to ensure you are recording your expenses correctly.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you have further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.