Bank Feeds - Undo Customer Payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Dean-
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds - Undo Customer Payment

Hi all,  (I'll summarise with the process)

1) within bank feeds, apply recieved payment to a customer

2) click 'undo'  

3) Popup notification - This payment had a prompt payment discount of $$.$$...... click ok....

This shows as undone, however this DOES NOT undo the payment and needs to be done manually..... is this really correct??? with no warning!!

Does anyone know why it is telling me there is a prompt payment discount?? Should I be worried there is something else that needs to be corrected in the background?  (there was NO prompt payment and the amount referenced doesn't match anything I can see)

If i am missing something obvious I apologise for the Q.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Feeds - Undo Customer Payment

Hi @Dean- 

When selecting Undo on a match you are selecting to undo the match to that transaction. The AccountRight matched transaction remains in the software.

If you need to also remove that AccountRight transaction you would open that payment transaction, in this case the Receive Payments transaction, and select Edit>>Delete transaction. This will remove the transaction from AccountRight. 

In terms of the warning message relating to the prompt payment discount. This typically occurs when you have a discount added to the terms of the invoice and the customer pays the invoice off in full before the discount due date. The reason for the warning on this situation as it is to alert you to the fact that a discount has been applied which in turn creates a credit note, which may also need to be deleted (if required).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Dean-
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank Feeds - Undo Customer Payment

Hi Steven,

Appreciate the detailed explaination, thank you. Much better than the phone support who avoided answering those questions and just told me to clear the cache/temp folder.

I have double checked, and there's no credits. But now I know to look out for these.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Dean  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post