Forum Discussion

Joshymad
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Bank Feeds

Hi .. after some help please   About 2 years ago - I did all the authority paperwork etc to set up Bank Feeds -- but being a creature of habit .. I have not been using them (I know pathetic) .. but...
    5 years ago

Joshymad 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Normally when I start new clients on Bank Feeds we reconcile the bank account up to the date of the start of the Bank Feed through the old regular way.

From the start date we only use Bank Feeds for entry so nothing is hidden and everything matches.

If you have reconciled up to a set date then you can just hide all the transactions up to the date without consequence.

It is better not to hide transactions after that date rather find and match them.

Hiding transactions is not a big time waster as most people think. I recently had to hide about 1500 transactions for a new client where they had never used the bank feeds even though they had them activated, and it took less than 30minutes to do.

It is just two mouse clicks to hide each transaction.