Bank Reconcillation suddenly showing old transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jsweld
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Reconcillation suddenly showing old transactions

Hi 

I'm reconciliing our company debit card account which I do daily. It usually has one or two transactions. However this morning over 100 transactions are appearing that have been previously reconcilled; the earliest transactions date back to Feb 2021, two years ago!  Its only this one account and not the other other accounts where this has occured.

If I tick them all, it does not reconcile with my current balance. 

If I leave them unticked, then my current transaction reconciles with the current bank statement.

However, I can't leave 100+ transactions sitting unticked forever, so how can this be fixed wihout me needing to un-do and re-reconcile two years worth of transactions?

Thanks

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: Bank Reconcillation suddenly showing old transactions

Hello @jsweld 

Thank you for your post. 

In some instances, we have seen users who do a future-dated bank reconciliation and then undo that to resolve this issue. 

Otherwise, what you will need to do is undo the ban reconciliations and redo them and this should balance the bank reconciliation.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

jsweld
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply and advice. I tried the future reconcilation then undoing it, but that sadly didn't work on this occasion.

I'm reluctant to undo two years of daily reconcilations so I'm hoping to find another workaround before I go down that painful route!

Regards

Narellde

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @jsweld 

I can understand the hesitation to move forward with undoing the reconciliations. 

Since the future dated reconciliation did not resolve the out of balance. You are going to need to undo the reconciliations and redo them to make them balance. 

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

jsweld
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

I have resolved this now - however I didn't need to undo two years worth of daily reconcilations to do so, based on the issue we had which was a relief!

Our Issue was this: Our current rec balanced, but we suddenly discovered many previously-reconciled transactions with old dates also showing, and should you tick them,  the bank rec will become un-balanced.  

In our case, all I needed to do was delete all the transactions that had suddenly appeared. This is because I found they were automated "double-ups" of transactions that had previously been reconciled.  I suspect this happened after changing my settings to "automatically reconcile transactions" a few days prior. Despite having bank feeds for our bank account, we actually manually enter our transactions.. Therefore, after I changed the settings things got doubled up. To check  your settings go to:   SetUp > Preferences > Banking >  "Auto-Approve bank transactions matched to MYOB transactions (system wide).   This box was accidently ticked causing the double ups to appear next time we tried to do a bank rec.

Deleting the transactions isn't for everyone's case -  it may only work if you can see that the transactions are on MYOB are actually double ups. Upon first looking into this, there were no double ups but they did eventually show up which is strange.

I hope this answer helps others out.

maree11
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

i've got the same problem and its frustrating.  we shouldn't have to go back redo our bank rec's.  some of mine are from 2020, 2019.  All was up to date until essentials did the upgrade.  Also i have a problem with all the payments i made through super portal not carried over to employees super payments report, shows super accrued but no super paid.  this is a joke.  

maree11
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I did as you said with the setup preferences.  I never selected it, didn't even know where it was.  It obviously changed when upgrade done.

I would have to undo recs til 2019. 

MYOB what if i do this and it still doesn't work, are you going to reimb my time, we are a small business and this is painful. 

Or my bill from my accountant to try and go through it all.  This is a joke.

All my superannuation payments are out, i don't have time to go through every single super payment made through MYSuper to allocate each payment.  What about other small businesses that have 10 employees or more.  Small businesses cannot afford this down time.

Subscriptions should be refunded for the months we have to try and fix this.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post