Forum Discussion

FranciscoJZR
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Can't repeat an electronic payment

Hello guys,

First, I want to let you know that I am new in a company and I don't have still many experience, but I have the attitude for learn! So, I was doing reconciliation and it looks like the electronic payment of a payroll has been deleted, but not the payroll transaction. The transaction doesn't appear on the reconciliation, but in the bank statement. When I have checked the payroll transaction journal, I can find it, but I can't find it when I check in the Electronic Payments. 

Is there any possibility to repeat the electronic payment with the same transactions?

Thank you very much in advance and warm regards,

Francisco

Tracey_H
    4 years ago

Hi FranciscoJZR 

You've got a couple of options to transfer that amount to the bank account:

1. delete the Prepare electronic payment transaction and reprocess with the Pay From Account as the bank account
    2. Record a Transfer Money, Transfer Money From account is the bank account and Transfer Money To is the electronic clearing account

Transfer Money is found in the Accounts command centre and is used when you need to transfer amounts between your own bank accounts/credit cards or clearing accounts.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • FranciscoJZR 

Hi Francisco

Thanks for your post. In situations like this, where you can find the transaction but it's not appearing in an account as expected, open the transaction and check the account and date:

1. go to Transaction Journal
    2. find the transaction and click on the zoom arrow to open the transaction
    3. check the details of the transaction, in this case, the Pay from Account

If the Pay from Account is the Electronic Clearing Account then the payment is an electronic payment. If it is not in the Prepare Electronic Payments window:

1. go to Find Transactions
    2. in the Accounts tab search by the Electronic Clearing Account
    3. find the electronic payments transaction
    4. click on the zoom arrow to open and check the Pay From Account, it should be your bank account

If the Pay From Account in the payroll transaction is not the bank account or electronic clearing account, then it maybe a payroll clearing account. Again, use Find Transactions to search that clearing account for the payroll transaction and a transfer transaction to move the amount from the clearing account to the bank account. If there isn't a transfer transaction, record a Transfer Money (Accounts>>Transfer Money). The Transfer Money From account will be the bank account and the Transfer Money To account is the payroll clearing account.

Please let me know how you go with this and don't hesitate to post further questions, we are happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

FranciscoJZR
      Contributing User

Hello Tracey,

Thank you very much for your answer! So, the account is the Electronic Clearing Account as you show. But, why can the reason be of not appearing when I am doing the reconciliation?

Again, thank you very much!

Warm regards,

Francisco

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi FranciscoJZR 

Is that transaction in the Prepare Electronic Payments window? If so, you will need to follow these steps:

1. tick the transaction
        2. click on Bank File
        3. a window will open with the message "The transaction will be recorded before the bank file is created", click OK
        4. the Save As window opens, click Cancel (normally you would Save the bank file but in this case the payment has already been made so you don't need to save the file)

A new transaction has been recorded transferring that amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account so you should be able to reconcile now.

If the transaction is not in the Prepare Electronic Payments window follow these steps:

1. go to Find Transactions
        2. in the Accounts tab search by the Electronic Clearing Account
        3. find the electronic payments transaction
        4. click on the zoom arrow to open and check the Pay From Account, it should be your bank account

fran3.PNG

Please let me know how you go.