Forum Discussion

Shirley53
Contributing User
21 days ago

Deleting a payment as opposed to the reversal method

HI I have a payment that went into undeposited funds and then into the bank. I want to delete the payment so I can put it back into undeposiited funds and marry it up with others to reconcile with a bank feed. I have gone into the bank register and tried to delete it but it only gives me an option of reverse the payment. When you do that it sends it back to undeposited funds as a negative. Can anyone assist with how I can accomplish what I need to do in thi situation. Thank you Shirley

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Shirley53,

Thanks for your post.

If you don't have an option to delete a payment, I would suggest checking the preferences in AccountRight. To check it, go to Setup > Preferences > Security tab > Make sure that the option 'Transactions can't be changed; they must be reversed' is untick. Please see screenshot attached below.

This way, the system will allow you to delete the payment. If you still cannot delete it, kindly provide a screenshot of the payment that you can't delete. Make sure to remove any sensitive information before posting in the Forum.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen