Australia
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

57Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing bank statements

Hello,

I'm after instructions on importing bank statements into AR for a period before bank feeds started.

A current link/article would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Smiley Happy

11 REPLIES 11
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,524 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,524Posts

45Kudos

157Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Importing bank statements

Hi @Deanne001,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the late response. Here are the steps to import bank statements into AccountRight before bank feeds start:

• Download the bank statement from your internet banking website. Save the bank statement as a QIF file. If you have a choice of date formats, choose dd/mm/yy. For instructions on how to download bank statements from your bank, refer to the help on your online banking website.
  • Nominate a bank account: From within AE/AO, navigate to your client's Client Accounting > Trial Balance (or Workpapers) tab. Click Settings, and from the drop-down menu, choose Account List. Click on the bank account you wish to import the bank statement to and select the bank account checkbox.
  • Import bank transactions: Click Banking, and from the drop-down menu, choose Import bank statement. Select the bank or credit card account to import transactions to. Click the Import button. A file window appears.
  • If the import is successful, the View and match transactions page appears, displaying the status of the import and the imported transactions. Allocate these transactions to the appropriate account.

For more detailed instructions, you can refer to this article: Importing a Bank Statement into the MYOB Ledger.

Please note that the process might vary slightly depending on your specific version of AccountRight and your bank's procedures. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reply.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,524 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,524Posts

45Kudos

157Solutions

Hi @Deanne001,

I hope this message finds you well today. I just wanted to follow up on whether you still require assistance with importing your bank statements, as we’re not able to receive any response. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to reply. I will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,524 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,524Posts

45Kudos

157Solutions

Hi @Deanne001,

I hope this message finds you well today. We have recently asked for updates if you're in need of further assistance importing your bank statements, but we have not received any response. We will be closing this thread now. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to start a post again, and one of our moderators will attend to it.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Mazzii1
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Shella_A ,

Sorry to jump in on this post, but I do have some questions regarding importing bank transactions. 

I am running AR Plus AU desktop version 2024.2.0

I had to import a bank statement for the first half July last year. I couldn't finish it at the time I started and thought the transactions I entered and matched at the time would still be there when I came back to it. However, I can see that the transactions have been entered when I search them through the "Find Transactions" tab. But When re-important the statement, I can't find these same transactions to match them with. 

Would I have to delete all those transactions and re-enter them again when I import the statement? Or If i continue on from the date I last entered a transaction, and import the satement without all the transactions being matched in that screen, will I be able to match the transactions when I go to the bank feed/reconcile section?

Thanks in advance.

Marisa

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,163Posts

117Kudos

489Solutions

Hi @Mazzii1,

Thank you for your post.

I would suggest starting with the last entered transactions. If you've already entered and matched some transactions, you don't need to delete and re-enter them. Instead, you can continue from the date you last entered a transaction. If you're in doubt about the transactions already entered, you can check your reconciliation page. If the transactions are ticked there or are already reconciled, that's likely why they're not appearing when you're trying to match them against the reimported statements.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our online help center, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Cheers,

Princess

Mazzii1
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Princess_R 

Thank you for respondingSmiley Happy

That makes complete sense! Obviously don't see them in the bank feed right now, but did click on the reconcile button and can see the transactions there. 

I'll finish entering the last transactions, import the statement and report back here to confirm.

Cheers,

Marisa

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,163Posts

117Kudos

489Solutions

Hi @Mazzii1,

Thanks for your response.

You're very welcome! It's great to hear that everything is starting to make sense for you. Once you've finished entering those last transactions and imported the statement, I'll be right here, eagerly waiting for your confirmation. 

Feel free to create a new post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

Mazzii1
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Princess_R 

I admire your enthusiasm! Unfortunately it did not go to plan. 

When I pressed the "Done" button, a Question window popped up (see attached).

If I click "OK", then the statement isn't imported. 

The only way I see this is that I'm going to have to delete all the previous transactions entered now. And re-enter the whole thing and import at the same time. Problem being, I'm constantly being interrupted (it's our own business and I do all the books. I have no other help and have a family and household to look after).

I was hoping there was an easier way but I think there isn't.

Kind regards,

Marisa

Capture.PNG
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,163Posts

117Kudos

489Solutions

Hi @Mazzii1,

Thank you for your response.

I get that dealing with interrupted statement imports in MYOB can be a real hassle, especially with constant interruptions in your work environment. Juggling multiple responsibilities can be tough!

If deleting transactions works for you, that's one way to tackle it. Another suggestion is to try importing statements in smaller periods if doing everything at once feels overwhelming. Breaking it down into more manageable chunks might make the task a lot easier to handle.

Feel free to create  anew post again if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post