Manually enter bank feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
maz1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Manually enter bank feeds

I am updating a MYOB file and have discovered that I am missing 2 weeks of bank feeds (late February to early March).  I have the statements so I know there are transactions to be entered.

I am wanting to add these in manually, how do I do this?  I am assuming there is no quick fix like importing a csv like other programs?  I am using MYOB AR, current version.

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Charlie-carp
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Manually enter bank feeds

Hi Maz

Yes mine is the same but the dates are mid February to mid April and there is two account.

Very frustrating.

Jenny

maz1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I don't use MYOB often so not sure if there is an easy fix.  How did you enter the transactions?

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @maz1 ,

Two options available to you here, one is to manually enter the transactions via the Bank Register module.  This will allow you to  both enter the transactions on the bottom of the window as well as see the transactions listed with a running balance so you know what you are missing easily.

The second option is to down load a .QIF file from your bank's website for the missing period.  Then go to app.myob.com and using the web interface, select Banking » Bank Transactions and click the button in the top right of the window called [Import statement].  Click the [Import Statement File] button and follow the prompts to import the transactions.  Doing this will also mean that your bank feed rules will also be applied to the imported transactions.

Hope that helps,

AlanT

maz1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi AlanT

thanks for your response.  I decided to enter through the bank register.  I don't have access to the bank transactions so I will just have to add the 30 odd transactions manually. 

Just hoping for an easier option Smiley Sad 

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @maz1 and @Charlie-carp 

Thank you for your post. This Help Article, Importing a Bank Statement, has the steps you need in importing a bank statement in AccountRight. In AccountRight, you might also need to click on Get Bank Transactions for your bank feed to update. The Bank Statement column will then refresh and display any new bank transactions that have occurred since your last update. If your bank feeds are still not updating, please let me know. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Althela
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi AlanT

I have manually entered missing bank transactions through Bank Register, they now appear on the Desktop but have not pulled through on the online version bank transactions. But where I manually entered Bill Payments and Receive Payments, these show correctly against the invoice/bill as closed in the online version.

How do you get them to show on the online version in bank transaction screen please?

Thelma

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Hi @Althela 

The Bank Transactions screen in the web version is pretty much the equivalent to the Bank Feeds window in AccountRight.  The web version does not have a Bank Register window.

I have asked for this on many occasions but MYOB deem this feature to be unnrcessary and they will not be spemding any time to develop such a useful screen.

Go figure!? Just another sign that the web interface is still only half baked and not yet totally useable.

Those who make the descisions about what features are developed and those that are dropped out obviously don't use the product day to day.

Regards,

AlanT

Althela
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@AlanT wrote:

Hi @Althela 

The Bank Transactions screen in the web version is pretty much the equivalent to the Bank Feeds window in AccountRight.  The web version does not have a Bank Register window.

Thanks AlanT - my point is that the manually added transactions do not show in bank transaction list or 'anywhere' in the web version, but when I complete the bank reconcile in desktop the reconciliation is balanced in the web.

If I want to check an entry in Bank Transaction web version, is it possible to have these show on the web version. 

It is frustrating having to swap between the two versions.

Thank you for your reply.

Thelma

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Hi @Althela 

The only way to see them in the web interface is to go to Banking » Find Transactions and on the Debits & Credits tab, select the date range and your bank account:

Capture.JPG

Hope that helps,

AlanT

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post