New user denied Read/Write access

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Nalini
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

New user denied Read/Write access

I have set up a new user, Sue Mackintosh, with full access to the system.  She is not able to process receipts from the bank feeds screen.  The screen is marked Read-Only.  Please let me know how to fix this.

With thanks

Nalini

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: New user denied Read/Write access

Hi @Nalini 

Thank you for your post. 

It might be that the user was not set up with the correct role. Accountant, Administrator and Banking are selected for Bank Feeds by default. 

To check and fix the access:

1. Go to the Setup > User Access > Select the concerned user
2. Note down which role you have selected for them
3. Go to the Manage Roles tab and select the role you have ticked in the previous screen
4. See if bank feeds is ticked (keep in mind whatever changes you make, will also be changed for others assigned to that role)

Here is our help article on the default roles which may help: Default user roles.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Nalini
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Samara,

Thank you for your response.

The use is set up with access to the Banking role.  I had even tried changing it to access to the Accountant role.  Either way she can look at Bank Feeds but cannot apply them.

I have set up users in this an similar roles several times without having this problem.  I wonder if it comes from changes made with a recent upgrade.

Regards,

Nalini

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hello @Nalini 

It sounds like the user role is set up correctly. I would also check a few more things:

1. If they Access your AccountRight company file in a web browser, are they able to make changes?

2. Does the same happen when another user uses bankfeeds - Can you try from your login?

3. Are you getting a message at all? Sending a screenshot of the error(redacting any sensitive information or sending by Private Message) would help in investigating the cause. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post