RECONCILIATION

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
morta
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

RECONCILIATION

HAVING MAJOR BANK RECONCILIATION PROBLEMS. HAVE SPENT HOURS TRYING TO FIX. REPORTS ARE TOTALLY INCORRECT. NEEDED TO UNDO AND MAKE JOURNAL ENTRIES FOR LAST 9 MONTHS, JUST TRYING TO BE ABLE TO RECONCILE. 'GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER MYOB' A USER SINCE INCEPTION, BUT PPROBLEMS KEEP OCCURING. STOP UPDATES, JUST FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT ARE THERE FIRST

6 REPLIES 6
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: RECONCILIATION

Hi @morta 

Typically accounts will become unreconciled if changes are made to previously reconciled transactions. Changing a reconciled transaction will cause it to become unreconciled which will create the out of balance. I'd recommend going through the Help Article, Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations, to find and fix the cause of your problem.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

morta
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This has nothing to do with it. There is a glitch somewhere, I unreconciled 18 months to try to find the error. It ended up with NO ERROR ON MY SIDE. EVERYTHING WAS ENTERED AND RECONCILED CORRECTLY, MYOB SIMPLY SHOWED ABOUT 30+ ENTRIES AS UNRECONCILED. NEEDED TO DO JOURNAL ENTRIES TO COMPENSATE.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

morta
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have just undergone another Bank Reconciliation for the end of Jan. It reconciled correctly after last weeks DEBARKLE. i just checked the Reconciliation Report, it is COMPLETLY WRONG, IT MATCHED NOTHING AT ALL.

SORT THIS OUT MYOB

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @morta 

If previously reconciled transactions have become unreconciled it means they have been changed in some way, this causes them to become unreconciled. In this situation, you would need to undo and re-do the reconciliations. Before undoing any reconciliations I would recommend following the steps under To check where the out of balance occurred in the Help Article Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations.

If the transactions have never been reconciled, they have been entered after the reconciliations were completed. In this situation, you would need to look into those transactions to find out why they were recorded and if they have been posted to the correct bank account.

Recording general journals to reconcile bank accounts is not recommended as this will create further issues.

If you need further assistance feel free to send me screenshots by private message.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

morta
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Your answers may be correct, but not in this case. I've been dealing with MYOB Reconciliations since MYOB came into being. The reports are incorrect. 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @morta 

Please send me screenshots by private message so that I can assist further.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post