Forum Discussion

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
21 days ago

Re: Bank Reconciliation out of balance

Hi Mathilda,

Thanks for your response.

I understand how frustrating it can be when you've followed all the steps and still encounter roadblocks. It seems like you're making progress, and I appreciate your perseverance in troubleshooting the issue.

To help you with your bank reconciliation, please refer to this Help article, Fixing out-of-balance bank reconciliations, which has detailed information to assist with this.

Feel free to respond if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

2 Replies

• Hi Princess_R 

Thank you for your response.  The link that you sent on fixing out-of-balance reconciliations is not helping me as this explains how to find where the mistake is.  I know exactly where the mistake is as my bank is reconciling up to the day before.  My problem is that the amount that it is out-of-balance is exactly the amount of my wage payment for that day.  It appears once on my actual bank statement and it appears once on my MYOB bank transactions, so why is it not balancing?  I have attached all the screen shots of my findings (as per your instructions) in this thread already but I still don't know how to fix it and what went wrong as this is the first time in 5 years I've experienced anything like it.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Mathilda,

Thanks for your response.

It seems like the wage payment is being recorded correctly in your transactions but is not being reflected correctly in your reconciliation. This could be due to a variety of factors, such as a delay in the transaction being processed or an error in the reconciliation process.

I've given it a thorough look on our end to see if there might be any hidden transactions or file corruption, but it seems everything checks out fine. I would suggest undoing the bank reconciliation and carefully reviewing each transaction, matching them up with your bank statement, and reconciling again. 

If the problem persists even after redoing the reconciliation, it seems like we're dealing with a more intricate issue here. Considering this, I would suggest reaching out to your accountant for further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess