Reconciling accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PatrishaO
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reconciling accounts

Hi Im new to all of this and slowly working things out. I have gone to reconcile accounts and have noticed that some of my clients have the same deposit amount and withdrawals on the same day. 

All of these clients have recently made direct deposits as a part payment. I recorded these in recieve payments section of sales.  Where have I gone wrong for it to show up in deposits and withdrawals and how do I fix it? TIA

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Reconciling accounts

Hi @PatrishaO 

Thanks for your post. In AccountRight clicking on a zoom arrow opens a transaction so that you can see the type and details of that transaction:

arrow.PNG

In the Reconcile Accounts window I'd click on the zoom arrow for one of those withdrawals so that you can see exactly what that transaction is and how it was recorded. If you need help working out what's happened please provide screenshots of the deposit transaction, withdrawal transaction and the reconcile accounts window. Please make sure you remove any sensitive information from screenshots prior to posting on the forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

PatrishaO
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I screenshot the withdrawls one and noticed the deposit one said exactly the same thing.Screenshot (1).jpgScreenshot (2).jpgScreenshot (2).jpg

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @PatrishaO 

Thanks for those screenshots. In the Receive Payments window the status of that transaction is Order, indicating that it hasn't been converted to an invoice yet. If you go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Sales accounts, the account for I track deposits collected from customers needs to be a customer deposit liability account.

If you have selected the bank account here and recorded a payment against an order you will see the transaction as both a withdrawal and deposit in Reconcile Accounts. You'll need to change that linked account to the liability account. 

I'll give you some help articles with detailed information to assist you:

What are linked accounts? 

Converting an order to an invoice

Customer deposits

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

PatrishaO
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou so much that did help. I ended up having to go through and delete the payments and then re enter them but one of them has come up with muliply entries and the invoice has closed. Am I able to rectify this?Screenshot (3).jpgScreenshot (4).jpg

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @PatrishaO 

When an order is converted to an invoice AccountRight transfers the deposit amount to the Trade debtors account, this transaction is the Transfer from deposit transaction in your screenshot. Once the order has been converted to an invoice you can't just delete the payment, you need to reverse the invoice first. This help article has step-by-step instructions for that: Customer deposits

Before you do that though, I'd do a full audit of all the accounts associated with that transaction. Looking at the Reconcile Accounts window you've got two deposits and one withdrawal, with the net result being one deposit which I think is correct. You may not need to delete and re-enter the payment if all accounts are correct.

Another really handy tip for AccountRight, when you have a transaction window open type Ctrl+R on your keyboard to recap the transaction and show the actual journal posted in your software.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post