Transactions showing in wrong account in Reconciliation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ct20
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Transactions showing in wrong account in Reconciliation

Please see attached photos. These 3 transactions are stuck in the 1-0002 Westpac Bank account in the Reconciliation Page. They were actually paid with an 'Electronic Payment' with many other payments, and that 'Electronic Payment File' has already been reconciled with these payments included.

These 3 transactions are showing up again separately in the 1-0002 Westpac acct for reconciling (although there is only one purchase/invoice entered which is already showing as paid), but I can't reconcile these double-ups in the reconilication page or reverse them as that will throw out my accounts.

I can't reverse the payments as it's not a double-up. This is some sort of MYOB glitch from the last update....

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 electronic clearing transactions stuck in 1-0002 acct.png
Paid from electronic clearing acct.png
1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Transactions showing in wrong account in Reconciliation

Hi @ct20 

Based on the fact that the Reconcile Accounts screen is showing the actual purchase transaction it would indicate that the payment is not the problem here and it has likely gone to user-specified linked accounts of that transaction.

If it was me, I would be looking at going to the Purchases>>Transaction Journal and looking at the purchase transaction. Ideally, you should see Trade Creditors being a credit and an expense account being a debit (in a simple correct purchase). If you are seeing a different value i.e. the bank account being a debit then I would recommend investigating the accounts used on the transaction and that of the linked accounts if an item is involved.

Should you have used the incorrect accounts, it would be a case of updating the accounts on the purchase if possible. If not possible i.e. an item purchase you would need to delete the payments and purchases, update the linked account then redo those transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post