Wrong payment date in MYOB transactions, with correct date in Electronic Payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KBE
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Wrong payment date in MYOB transactions, with correct date in Electronic Payment

I process payments for our customers, later finding that I had entered the date as 21/12/2021 instead of 2022. The error was not discovered until after the Electronic Payment was process (under the correct date). The payments went correctly to the payees. I need to correct the individual payment dates, as it effects our BAS, with the GST attributed to December 2021 instead of December 2022. How can I change the dates without making a mess?

2 REPLIES 2
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Wrong payment date in MYOB transactions, with correct date in Electronic Payment

Hi @KBE 

The cleanest way would be deleting the electronic payment recorded, then delete the Pay Bills transaction(s) with the wrong date, re-record the bill payments with the correct dates then record the electronic payment transaction again, the .ABA file can be discarded. This does mean that if the electronic payment transaction is already reconciled, you'd need to undo bank reconciliation of that period then redo it once the correct transactions are recorded.

Another option would be reversing the wrong Pay Bills transactions, record the reversal on the same 2021 date then record the bill payments on the correct date. Then go to Prepare Electronic Payments, tick the negatives and positives, net amount should be $0 then record it.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KBE
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Wrong payment date in MYOB transactions, with correct date in Electronic Payment

Thank you. 

I deleted the electronic payment and was able to change the date on each suppliers Pay Bill without having to delete and reprocess. I then recreated the electronic payment, copying all the details from the previous one, as the payment had already been made. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post