how to correct a reconciled transaction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JoWood
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

24Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

how to correct a reconciled transaction

I incorrectly processed a banking transaction and it has since been reconciled.

Can you please advise, how I correct this.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: how to correct a reconciled transaction

Hi @JoWood 

Generally speaking, we don't recommend that you users do make changes to a transaction that has been reconciled. Doing so will make the transaction unreconciled and thus not the account likely not reconciled.

In saying that, there are commonly three ways to deal with a change to a reconciled transaction:

Option 1:

Undo all the reconciliations including the one that reconciled that transaction. Edit that necessary transaction and then re-reconcile the account again.

Option 2:

Make the change to the transaction. This will commonly put the account out of reconciliation and the transaction will need to be ticked in the next reconciliation or redo of the last reconciliation.

Option 3:

Reverse out the transaction and generate a new transaction. For this process you want to go to Setup>>Preferences>>Security and enable Transactions Can't be Changed They Must be Reversed. Once that has been enabled, navigate to the transaction and select Edit Reverse transaction and record the reversal. You would then record the transaction again. Using this option you would have two extra transactions in your bank account which would be of the same amount and day just on opposite sides - marking these as cleared in your next reconciliation would reconcile those transactions and have no impact on the bank account (they would cancel each other out).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post