Forum Discussion

Project-Z
Experienced User
2 years ago

Information about software processes running when MYOB is closed

I have known this for a while but now the curiosity has got the better of me. That and the fact that I try to keep a clean file system to help limit the ever-infringing tax on computer resources like CPU, Memory, disk space, etc.

Why is it that even with the startup apps switched to disabled or off and without even opening the MYOB software there are at least 6-10 processors running. Is this necessary? Can I kill the processes and more importantly, you will note that some of the processors are from previous versions that no longer on my laptop. even with 32g of RAM they are starting to chew in to the performance of the machine. 

See attached image of background processors running straight after the computer is switched on. Please advise a course of action or advice to safely remove unnecessary processes.

MYOB-Processors.jpg

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Project-Z 

Thank you for your post. If you use AccountRight Server Edition and you're prompted to uninstall all previous AccountRight versions, complete the steps below to uninstall AccountRight Server Edition and the MYOB AccountRight API.

• Right-click the Windows Start button and choose Apps and Features.
    • Click MYOB AccountRight API then click Uninstall then click Uninstall again.

• Follow the prompts to uninstall the API.
    • Repeat these steps on any other computer that had AccountRight Server Edition installed.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Project-Z
      Experienced User

Gday, thankyou for your reply. Very knowledgeable, actions required are noted.

Are you able to provide instruction on how to make the API connector and it's offsider only be called or executed as a process only when the MYOB software is run and not before?

Project-Z
      Experienced User

It would also appear that Windows 11 interface is a fair bit different from windows 10.  There is no apps and features after right clicking on the start menu and no link to uninstall any API.