Forum Discussion

ss1
Experienced User
2 months ago

Revocation information for security certificate

This morning when I attempt to login to AccountRight 2024.2 I get a Security Alert.

What is odd is that the valid data is pretty short. It also took several seconds for the alert to popup.

How can I verify that this actually issued for MYOB (there is nothing that points to this in the cert details) and that I'm actually contacting the myob servers and not being re-directed to some bogus site?

13 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ss1,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum.

My apologies for the late response. We value your effort in providing a detailed error message. The reason for the message is that a trusted root certificate is missing. To correct the situation, you will need to install the certificate manually. To do this, please refer to the steps provided below:

• Download the required root certificate. https://symantec.tbs-certificats.com/vsign-universal-root.cer
    • Double-click the downloaded.cer file.
    • Click Open.
    • Click Install Certificate.
    • Select Local Machine and click Next.
    • Select Place all certificates in the following store.
    • Click Browse.
    • Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
    • Click Next.
    • Click Finish.
    • You can now open AccountRight Live and login as normal.

Please let us know how it goes on your end.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

ss1
      Experienced User

That site itself doesn't seem secure. See attached image.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ss1,

Thanks for the response and for providing the screenshot of the page. At MYOB, we take security very seriously and have several measures in place to ensure the safety and reliability of our systems. Your connection is not private, typically due to a problem with the website's security certificate. It's generally advisable not to ignore this warning and not to proceed to the website unless your company's IT is certain it's safe to do so.

For the error message you're receiving, as a workaround, I recommend clicking "yes" to get rid of the warning message and proceed with your file. However, it will still pop up every time you log in, as this is a security alert from your device. To remove this permanently, I recommend seeking the assistance of your company's IT personnel, as this is regarding the internal security of your computer.

Please don't hesitate to reach out or use our online virtual help MOCA in case you still need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella

Lynch
    Experienced Cover User

I'm having the same issue in the last week or so when I try to log in. I'm getting a security alert.  The only work around is to say yes to proceed in order to allow log in.  I've had numerous issues trying to log into since the last patch.

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Lynch,

I'm afraid the security alert you received is not caused by MYOB instead, it is an issue blocking the client computer from downloading and installing the new certificate. No worries - , I'll be more than happy to assist you in resolving your concern about security alert. Please follow the steps provided below to correct the situation:

To install the certificate:

1. Download the required root certificate. https://symantec.tbs-certificats.com/vsign-universal-root.cer
      2. Double click the downloaded .cer file.
      3. Click Open.

4. Click Install Certificate.

5. Select Local Machine and click Next.
      6. Select Place all certificates in the following store.
      7. Click Browse.
      8. Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
      9. Click Next.
      10. Click Finish.
      11. You can now open AccountRight Live and login as normal.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information. 

Best regards,

Doreen

Lynch
        Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen_P

I've clicked on the link provided and have got a "Warning:  Potential Security Risk Ahead" message.