Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Shared Users

Hello, I am Treasurer of a small NFP charity which purchased a MYOB AccountRight Basics program, with no ongoing subscription fee.

I cannot locate any operating manual for this version of MYOB and the MYOB Support page does not list this version of MYOB?

I am looking to share the monthly MYOB data input with my Assistant. 

How do I go about giving her MYOB access and how do we share the MYOB file, so I can still do the monthly reporting?  We do not want to upgrade to a subscription service, as this would be an unnecessary expense for our small association.

She already has another MYOB version on her own laptop (as the Treasurer for another NFP) but that one has a paid subscription service.

Any advice would be appreciated – or a link to the operating procedures manual for this version of MYOB.

8 REPLIES 8
Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,526 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,526Posts

66Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Shared Users

Hi @dpwatson,

Thank you for the post. I can help you with how to invite a user so she can have access to your file. Add a user to an offline file (myob.com) has detailed information and instructions to assist you with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

dpwatson
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, so I have added her as a User; but may I please have answers to the rest of the questions asked?

i.e. so what next:

- How do we actually share the file (e.g. do we email the back-up copy back and forth)?

- How does she get this version of MYOB on her laptop (she already has another subscription version loaded)?

- Where is the procedures manual for this version of MYOB?

- Why is this version not listed on your Support page?

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,524 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,524Posts

45Kudos

157Solutions

Hi @dpwatson,

To answer the rest of your queries:

• Use MYOB's OneDrive or FileUpload to share files. OneDrive lets you create shareable links. FileUpload allows anonymous or authenticated uploads. More information is in this article: How to Share Files Using MYOB Solutions. I would also recommend seeking assistance from your IT team when doing this.
  • They can download a different MYOB version from the support downloads page. They'll need a valid serial number for the software. More information is here: MYOB Support Downloads. 
  • If a MYOB version isn't on the Support page, it might be unsupported or less common. For more information, visit myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com. Use MOCA, our virtual assistant, for immediate help. If MOCA can't assist, our live chat team will step in.

To know more, kindly check out these helpful articles on AccountRight versions and other information.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

dpwatson
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Shella, thanks for the extra information. I will see if I can get this to work.

Unfortunately we are a small NFP, so do not have a dedicated IT Team, thus my basic enquiries.

Under Support Downloads it says "Downloads are for customers who have purchased MYOB software outright, or have previously had a support subscription. It's important you only download and use software you're licensed for." When I look at the dropdown list it does not appear to include AccountRight Basics, which is what I think we have paid for - is this also known as AccountRight PC Edition? I don't want to download another and thus incur a new subscription fee. Unfortunately "myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com" do not provide any additional insight on this matter, and I cannot see how "AccountRight versions and other information" provides any additional insights.

David

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @dpwatson,

Thanks for your response. To resolve your issue, I recommend adding the user to your company file first. Please refer to this help page for detailed instructions Add a user to an offline fil. Additionally, ensure the new user installs the correct version of AccountRight Basics, as outlined in the help articles Install AccountRight/Downloads - MYOB Support. Then, utilize MYOB's OneDrive or FileUpload feature to share files. OneDrive enables you to create shareable links, while FileUpload supports anonymous or authenticated uploads. You can find more information about sharing files using MYOB solutions in this article. How to Share Files Using MYOB Solutions. 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

dpwatson
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi again, so the confusion continues.  I already said I had added her as a User, so no need to be told that again.

The sentence "ensure the new user installs the correct version of AccountRight Basics, as outlined in the help articles Install AccountRight/Downloads - MYOB Support." - well this link lists 279 possible files to download, but not one of them has the product title "AccountRight Basics"; maybe your support can be a little more specific? e.g. provide me with the link to this specific version of MYOB so it can downloaded?

And no-one has bothered to address my query - "She already has another MYOB version on her own laptop (as the Treasurer for another NFP) but that one has a paid subscription servicice"; i.e. can she have two seperate versions downloaded on the same laptop?

Surely MYOB should not be this hard to use/share?

regards David

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @dpwatson,

My apologies for the confusion. The installer for AccountRight Basics, Standard, Plus, and Premier is the same. The specific AccountRight product and features you'll have access to are determined by the company file. To download the installer, visit this page: https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads?page=4, then select the AccountRight PC Edition (refer to the attached image) and download the desired version.

Regarding your second question, yes, you can have multiple versions running on the same PC. For more information, please refer to this posts.  Can you run 2 versions of MYOB?/Multiple versions of accountright

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

dpwatson
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Earl.

As regard Can you run 2 versions of MYOB? when I click on the link in your message, it comes up with an error message  - ACCESS DENIED

"You don't have access to this resource.

It's likely that the page you're trying to access has been archived or that it's part of a private board. We apologise for the inconvience. Use our search page to find your topic or start a new topic."

I used these words in the search page, but no relevant responses.

Can you send me a link that works?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post