How can an online AccountRight subscriber access an offline AccountRight file?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Datawiz
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How can an online AccountRight subscriber access an offline AccountRight file?

Hi all,

I have AccountRight V19.16 which I use  offline. Given my very low usage of MYOB, I can't justify the expense of an online subscription.

My accountant, however, has ceased maintaining an offline AccountRight application, and now only has an online subscription for processing his online clients data files.

So, can he upload my data file to an online space and process my AccountRight file online?

5 REPLIES 5
Liz_A
Valued User
330 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

330Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Re: How can an online AccountRight subscriber access an offline AccountRight file?

Hi @Datawiz 

Your accountant should still be able to use v19.16 regardless, as the licence is in your file not in the programme. I have all different Legacy versions on my Windows 10 laptop, as well as a few of the newer versions that I can run at the same time so there's no reason for your accountant can't process with your Desktop version.

Cheers

Liz

Datawiz
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How can an online AccountRight subscriber access an offline AccountRight file?

Thanks so much for your response Liz.

My problem is that the accountant has recently dispensed with his desktop (ie offline) MYOB apps and only maintains online MYOB subscriptions which he uses to process his clients online data files - he says I'm now his only offline MYOB client Smiley Sad

I'm assuming there is no difference between online & offline versions of MYOB data files, so I guess my question is how does he move my offline data file to an online space?

Maybe he can readily do this when he's logged on to his online AccountRight app, but doesn't know how.

I'd much appreciate your thoughts.

thanks,

Allan

Liz_A
Valued User
330 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

330Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @Datawiz 

He may be able to upgrade the file to look at it but he wouldn't be able to use it for processing as it wouldn't be able to be confirmed and you wouldn't be able to use it without a subscription. He can download V19.16 under AccountRight v19 from here: https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads but he may not want to do clients that are offline anymore. He can't force you to upgrade so you may be looking for a new accountant.

Cheers

Liz

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @Datawiz 

Thanks for your post.

Upon checking on this conversation. It seems that your accountant wanted to put your company file online so that he can process your online file. In this matter, Firstly, your company file should be transferred to an online file. by doing this:

• You need to have an AccountRight subscription
  • An activated company file
  • To be the company file administrator
  • To be the company file owner or have the administrator access

This Help Article : Put you company file online, or you can check on this link https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Put+your+company+file+online. This help article will guide you through the process of putting your company file online. 

If you still need further assistance with this, I'm happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @Datawiz 

May I know how you go about this issue? Please let me know if you need further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you. 

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post