Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Attach documents and files to journals and possible sharing location for Accountants

Partner

3Posts

36Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Partner
New
New

Hi,

We often enter journal entries for purchase of new equipment when it is financed.  I don't think you can attach documents (such as tax invoices and finance docs) to journals in MYOB - unlike other software.  Can you add this feature.  It saves bookkeepers having to store documents in several locations.

I add files in other softwares for bank statements and loans so the Tax Accountant can get the information from the client's software.

Rosemarie

4 Comments
Maggie99
Partner
14 Posts
Partner

This is an excellent idea with the facility to attach documents to a journal to assist in the storage of supporting documents.

wenlow
4 Posts
Cover User

I would also like to see MYOB allow attachments to sales invoices.  We are audited and auditors always want documentation on our income. It is painful adding it after the fact in the banking portal. 

LynnH
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

would be good if MYOB could enable document to be attached to gen journal entries to support/explain the transaction. Add this wish to the wish list for being able to add documents to SALES transactions - posts for this show there is a demand for it and for a number of reasons

AlanT
Partner
2,203 Posts
Partner

Hi @RHoran 

I agree that it should be possible to attach documents to any transaction.

However, in the ean time, what I do is I raise a purchase bill for these items and attach the purchase document to the bill.

If the item is being financed (se with a chattel mortgage) I create a new liability account for the mortgage (I also set it to be a Credit Card type account).

Then wen the finance company pays for the asset, I enter this as a payment for the bill from this loan account.  When payments are made to the loan, I treat these as Funds Transferred between accounts.

Hope this helps,

AlanT