Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files

Cover User

14Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I frequently run several Company Data Files in a day, I'm sure this isn't unusual. However a number of my companies have very similar names. I was wondering if there is a setting that will change the background colour or change the colour scheme of the Command Centre to make it easier to differentiate between to company files quickly.

I am running MYOB AccountRight Plus 2011.

Thank you

Jen

"Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files"

57 Comments
JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JENNIEP 

Thanks for your feedback, I will share it with the product management team for their consideration.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Sue_S
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User

We run more than one business from the same office. This can be a tad confusing at times. Also, we sometimes have an old datafile open so that we can look up an invoice from 2 years back or similar; it's not unknown for us to then start putting a current invoice into an old datafile.

The solution? The facility to change the colour scheme in each datafile so they are easily identifiable. If the trading company came up with red colours, the family trust with yellow, and the asset company in greens, we'd instantly know which one we should be working on.

Is it a possiblity?

Sue

Bounce
4 Posts
Cover User

When using MYOB the background colour of the screen needs to be a different colour for each company file. This should be able to be changed to assist in identifying which company you are working on, as a trigger when you have many company files with many staff using each company file, this would reduce the amount of incorrect entries in the incorrect company.  

Example:-

Clearwater - back ground RED so you know its the test company

Actual Company - background gray

Additional Company 1 - back ground green

Additional Company 2 - back ground blue  etc

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Excellent suggestion.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @Bounce & @Kelly81 

Unfortunately your excellent suggestion already exists as a "new idea" that is under consideration on this link Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files; it was posted nearly 3 years ago on 21/5/2012, has 13 votes and is "Under Consideration".

If the idea is ever going to have a chance at getting implemented it needs many more votes and comments such as yours.

Please vote for it by clicking the "+ Vote" icon and add your comments; suggest you do a copy and paste from what you have already posted into the existing idea on the abovementioned link.

Thank you.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello @TonyLane ,

I've voted.

Sorry I don't have time to go through every idea on the forum and vote on them otherwise I would.

Thanks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kelly81

Thank you for taking the time to vote for that Idea. As indicated by @TonyLane the more a votes an idea has the higher chance of it being investigated and implemented

Autogates
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would like to see customisable colours for different MYOB company files. I use two that have very similar names and am always worried I will enter information into the wrong one. Seems like a basic thing to me. Why has it taken so long to do? 

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Autogates 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the customised colour of the company file. The development team do need to prioritise the request with the new features in the new releases. They have been notified of the feedback in regards to your request.

If there is anyone else out there that would like to see this come into AccountRight please vote and comment.

Kind regards,

Kat 

PMO1968
4 Posts
Cover User

I have 3 companies set up in MYOB.

When all 3 are open, it is difficult to know which is which on the tool bar. It would be really helpfull to be able to change the grey screen to other colours so that you dont put the data into the wrong company which Ihave done many times.