Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.
After payroll entries are recorded there is no way to edit any part of them. I understand this is to protect the integrity of the total etc but it also creates a ridiculous amount of work when somebody enters something slightly incorrectly. A few examples:
* Payroll entries added on the wrong date have to be deleted and reentered even though this does not affect the total or the allocations of leave etc. When you have to do this for 100+ entries to move them one day forward this results in more work than running the payroll in the first place
* When a job has been missed or misallocated, we need to delete and reenter the payroll entry. Most other transaction types can add jobs retrospectively, why not payroll?
* If a payroll period is entered incorrectly the payroll entry needs to be deleted and reentered, again, this has no effect on the total, so why not make it editable?
Please PLEASE consider making this change, it would save me hours fixing other people's silly mistakes!
Thank you for the idea. We can see the benefits of being able to edit recorded Payroll transactions, to make changes to or add Job numbers. As suggested by Colleen, the Pay Period can be changed in Individual Pays, if there have been no transactions (like Electronic Payments, Pay Super or Pay Liabilities) posted over the Payroll transaction. We request others who would like to include the following options to vote and comment on this Idea: - Change Payment Date in a recorded payroll transaction. - Change or add Jobs to a recorded payroll transaction.
I agree with you - it creates so much extra work because you can not change the job allocation.
Can MYOB please update this?
I think this may have been mentioned already on the forum (??).
I also allocate suppliers invoices (i list them under our purchase orders) with the job numbers and even after they have been paid etc, it is quite easy to change the job number. I'm sure it wouldnt take much to have the same type of settings with the payroll.
It would be great to be able to go back into the payroll, so many times I have just finished the pays for the week and somebody tells me about some overtime that was not recorded on the roster. I end up mucking around working out the difference manually and adjusting in the next payrun. Very annoying!
Definately would love to able to change jobs.
I am wondering if you would consider adding some additional features to the payroll section of AccountRight to make it more user friendly? I have used several programs and there area a couple of features from other programs that I'd love you to add.
1. once completed a payroll entry is uneditable. Could you add some kind of "unlock" button to allow editing without having to delete the entry and reprocess? eg if I forget to put 2 hours of sick pay in for an employee when I am processing payroll I am unable to simply open the payroll entry and adjust, I have to delete the entry and redo. Some kind of editing function would be appreciated.
2. When processing payroll it would be helpful if there was a 'next' button at the bottom of each pay employee screen, so that instead of hitting 'OK' and then clicking on the next employee to process, I would simply hit 'next' and be taken to the next employee. It would make the process more streamlined.
3. I have a problem with the sorting of employees when a new employee is added in - the new employee name is listed at the bottom instead of in its alphabetical order. I can click on the 'employee' column to sort the names correctly, but when I do a preview of the payroll before finalising it, the new employee is listed at the bottom. Once payroll is finalised the Payroll Activity Summary report lists the employees in the correct alphabetical order however. Can you please fix the Process Payroll screen to sort employees alphabetically automatically?
When you record an electronic payment or process payroll you cant change the job code, yet you can with sales, purchases and others. This seems inconsistant and should be changed as it is inconvenient. Irealise you can do journal entries etc, however some reports don't show general journal transactions in the report.
HI, to add to this I would like to also suggest that I be able to pay all employees at the same time even though they get paid on different days. eg have an extra column where I can enter date paid.
I would like items 1 and 2 suggested by the original poster. Being able to edit the last pay instead of deleting and starting again would be very helpful.
I find it surprising that it is not part of the program. You have done so much work on the payroll side (and I must compliment you on the processing time improvements in 2013.5) - but why not include this ability.
The labour involved in re-doing a payroll simply because the correct pay date is over-looked is high and we are an organisation of less than 15 people. I don't know how people cope with this abnormality in larger organisations. The current process is just weird - for one, banks need the information the day before payday so the money lands in the employees account on payday. Currently, the bank processing date can never correspond with the actual pay date. And two, we process the pays in one pay period why can't we edit at least the payment date or pay period dates details for a processed period - the ability to edit any employees pay after it has been processed would be really cool - with auditing functions too for those who want it.
Oh and yes I overlooked the payment date this week when processing pays. Have not done it for a while because the pain is so high. I guess lots on my mind at this time of the year causing me to overlook the pay date - aagh.
Thanks for listening.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.