Forum Discussion

WHE
User
9 months ago
Solved

Edit Job Number after Payroll is Processed

I want to edit a job number in Payroll that has been processed, I dont want to change anything else, just the job number. I posted a query yesterday regards this, and was given the advice to, as follows:

In this matter, if you want to change the Job number, you can go to List>> Click Jobs>> The job list window will appear>>Click on the blue arrow on the job number that you want to change>>The job information will appear>> On the job field you can change the job number>>Click OK.  

I dont understand? if you go to 'job list', the information that shows is minimal, how does this tie in with editing a incorrect job number to a correct job number in Payroll???

I have to add, my Boss/Owner is extremely disgruntled, he is questioning why he is paying a monthly fee for MYOB, when there appears to be no clear solution to what is a simple question? I have already spent time with a Live Chat Agent in regards to this question?

• Hi WHE

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with support. Unfortunately, there is no way to edit the pay run. I understand that we are trying to change a very small detail in the pay, but the application does not have any option to do this. The only option we have in correcting this is to remake the pay run. If we don't report STP on the file, we could delete the previous pay run and remake it with the correct job numbers. If we report to STP, we will need to reverse the pay run and remake it to the right job number. 

We appreciate your patience. Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi WHE

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with support. Unfortunately, there is no way to edit the pay run. I understand that we are trying to change a very small detail in the pay, but the application does not have any option to do this. The only option we have in correcting this is to remake the pay run. If we don't report STP on the file, we could delete the previous pay run and remake it with the correct job numbers. If we report to STP, we will need to reverse the pay run and remake it to the right job number. 

We appreciate your patience. Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

Ski30
      Experienced Cover User

I agree with everyone's frustration in regards to the inability to update Job Numbers in payroll once processed.

It is an internal issue, not  a Payroll Reporting issue. The solution for reversals in this instance just makes for messy accounts!

Not to mention, if the existing job number was incorrectly entered, you can no longer delete it as it has a transaction allocated to it. You can only make the Job Number Inactive - messy accounts!

Not to mention my frustration  for many years re the Inability to create reports by Job Header in myob!!

Cannot believe that this still not an option in the Reporting Section - which will allow us to access all the individual transactions  by Job Numbers attached to the Job Header! 

I am yet to find an add on that could do this  efficiently!

Unfortunately myob have only provided band aid solutions to the above issues for years, leaving many clients frustrated.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Ski30,

Thank you for sharing your frustrations regarding the limitations you've encountered with updating job numbers in payroll and the challenges with generating reports by job header in our software. We apologize for the delayed response. We understand that the current solution for reversals can lead to messy accounts, which is not ideal. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

As for the creation of reports by Job Header, currently, within AccountRight, the job transaction accrual report may provide some relevant information related to what you're looking for. However, aside from the available reports, there are no other built-in functionalities to generate reports specifically by job header. Your feedback is valuable to us. While we strive to enhance our platform and address the needs of our users, we regret any inconvenience these limitations may have caused you.

We also encourage you to post in our AccountRight Idea Exchange, where feature enhancement requests and suggestions are regularly reviewed by our developers for future consideration in system updates.

In the meantime, if you need assistance or have any other concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess