Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Add delete transaction confirmation prompt

Cover User

4Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Could you please add a 'Are you sure' Pop up when deleting transactions to be able to confirm the deletion.

"Delete Confirmation"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

When a user attempts to delete a transaction in the AccountRight browser interface they will receive a prompt to warn them and do they wish to delete that transaction. 

Please note: Deletion of transactions in the AccountRight Desktop application is immediate, no prompt will be given by the software.

8 Comments
Acronym
4 Posts
User

Today MYOB made my blood boil with the absurd stupidity of having 'Delete Sale' as the first right click option within preparing an invoice (entering a sale).

It appears if you right click 'Delete Sale' by accident, your whole Sale is deleted in a flash without so much as a "Are you sure you want to delete this sale?" option?

As confirmed by your forum support today - "Once a sale is deleted from the software you will need to enter it back into the system, it is not able to be restored unless you took a backup before deleting the sale you can restore from."

As i am sure many small businesses do, i spend a considerable amount of time detailing my billable work in an invoice to a client - in this instance a lot of work was lost with no way to warn me, cancel the mistake, reverse or retrieve the work.

I think you'll agree this is not good.

Improvements/Solutions

• Reword 'Delete Sale' to 'Completely Delete Sale'
• Re-postion to the last selection
• Throw a standard type warning "Are you sure you want to completely Delete this Sale"  -  Cancel   YES

Thank you

Melonie

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I agree it would be very useful to have a warning in this case. I have voted for it.

Acronym
4 Posts
User

John W,

Thanks for the Tip, I am sure this is a great way to avoid the worry (and I'll give it a go.) However, I am left wondering if you have slightly missed the point here. Your tip is helpful and without it, this know how would otherwise require someone who is wildly proficient in MYOB or geeky enough to acquire this information for themselves. Instead for everyone else, they would have to experience the pitfall, post a suggestion like myself and be lucky enough to get someone as helpful as yourself to present the precaution 'reverse' preference tip.

The point is, yes right click is great and therefore as the most used option, the suggestion was to add a measure or two to help people not accidently delete vital information so easily.

BEER
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be ideal if MYOB could display a warning message before deleting an invoice.

Currently, if you select Edit / Delete Sale the invoice deletes immediately. As a safe guard, it would be great if a message comes up asking the user to confirm that they are requesting the invoice to be deleted.

The reasoning behind this is that it is too easy for a user to delete an invoice. From an accounting point of view, this could prove to be detrimental to the business if it is done in error.

Other screens within MYOB display a warning message if you "Cancel" a transaction before you post it, from my perspective, deleting an invoice is more important to display a warning message than exiting a screen.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

When a user attempts to delete a transaction in the AccountRight browser interface they will receive a prompt to warn them and do they wish to delete that transaction. 

Please note: Deletion of transactions in the AccountRight Desktop application is immediate, no prompt will be given by the software.

jforward
Experienced Partner
14 Posts
Experienced Partner

I have had another client today accidentally delete an invoice - a warning would be great 

jforward
Experienced Partner
14 Posts
Experienced Partner

I had another client call and say that they had accidentally deleted an invoice - a prompt prior to deleting would be great

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,068 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all.

As we value your feedback/suggestion Thank you for your suggestion in regarding the adding delete transaction confirmation prompt. Your ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated. I encourage you to please take a moment to post on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange board  for consideration. 

Best regards,

Doreen