Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Timesheets: Apply timesheets (button to save current entry)

Experienced Cover User

17Posts

75Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi.

Currently to save changes in Enter Timesheet we have to:

a) leave the current week and switch to another week, or

b) click OK and close the Enter Timesheet window

It would be much quicker to have an Apply button next to OK so that we don't have to leave the current week every time we want to save our changes.

Thanks.

"Apply button for Enter Timesheet in Time Billing"

Vaughan.

15 Comments
Donna-MV
4 Posts
User

I often enter some really large Bills & Sales which can be quite time consuming.  I get nervous about losing my work.

This means that if I need to leave my desk or answer the phone, I have to Record the transaction & then open it again.  Or, if I just want to save the work in the transaction thus far so that I know I can't lose it, I have to Record it & then open it again.  I would like the facility to Record a Bill or Sale but have it remain open.

This would necessitate just one extra button.  Record and Exit.  The Record button would then be used to just Record and remain in the transaction.

Ben-Gosper
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree, or some kind of automatic backup should you lose internet connection or something. I did an invoice the other day, lost internet temporarily and had to do it all again. I don't want to take the file offline because then others can't use it.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ben-Gosper 

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and the option for a save button on the sales and purchase window.

I would recommend if you would like to show your support for an Idea on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange to vote for the relevant idea using the vote button next to the relevant idea's name.

GSlogistics
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi - we have been using the Sales Invoice function for over 12 months now with AccountRight Live. 

There is one portion of the program which is a constant headache when we need to enter multiple-page invoices. Occasionally, the Sales function will freeze up and kick us out (connectivity issues, we know) but this is incredibly frustrating when it occurs during a very large invoice. Quite often, such invoices may be entered multiple times, losing considerable time for employees. We are talking about an invoice with 50++ lines!!

Yes, we have tried the suggestion of using a recurring invoice, again, good in theory but not functional at all levels, especially when entries are extremely long and detailed and not always replicated.

Is it possible to add an "auto-save" function into the Sales Invoicing, so that a "draft" is saved every 5-10mins or so?? (Similar function, in part, to a draft email being saved??) This would certainly add significant functionality value to the existing program and hugely reduce frustration if the program shuts down.

Simply being able to re-activate a 1/2-finished invoice would be fabulous, reducing additional staff hours being wasted on re-entries.

Please let us know if this is something you would consider utilising in the next update? We would most certainly appreciate it!

Thankyou.

scfsh
Experienced Cover User
72 Posts
Experienced Cover User

it's happened to me a few times, where i will accidentally press esc and i will lose my weeks worth of timesheet. can there be a save button or just an auto save for this window?

Horizon2
5 Posts
Cover User

Can we incorporate a quick save button much like the refresh button. I don't know how many times I've lost work typing up a long invoice and the system crashing. A simple solution which would save alot of rework.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Horizon2

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight

Are there any particular windows that you would like to see the option for a quick save? I would assume the Sales and Purchases windows?

Horizon2
5 Posts
Cover User

Correct... Purchasing and Sales windows would be a great way to secure the work. A fast loading preview panel in sales register and purchase register would be a great way to save time also.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Horizon2

Thank you for your clarifying your idea. 

I would encourage other users that would like to see a quick save option to save the entered transaction, in particular sales and purchases, to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Richardi
1 Post
Cover User

It is suprising the "Save" button option is not available already.  No brainer really.