Forum Discussion

hes_bruce
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Sales import Help with Error-25 please

Hi there,

Can someone have a look at why I am getting this error?

We have just migrated over to Accountright 2019.2.22.5066 from Premier.

Any help would be appreciated.

CloverQ
    5 years ago

Hi hes_bruce 

Thank you for import file, log and the additional information.

-25 Invalid Amount error generally means somewhere within the transaction the figures don't add up. From your import file, I can see that this sales transaction is Tax Exclusive. So as calculation goes:

- Total column should equal to Quantity x Price

- GST column should equal to 10% of Total

- The sum of the GST column should equal 10% of sum of the Total column.

You can open this file in Excel, add a temporary column A, set formula to quantity x price, then create another column to be 10% of column A. Then compare the figures in the temporary columns to the existing columns 'Total' and 'GST'. E.g. line 44 in the import file has quantity 100, unit price 0.11, but the Total is 10.54 instead of 11. You can also run the sum of these columns and see if they match. 

Please do go through the figures in the import file, fix any mis-calculation then try importing it again.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hey hes_bruce,

Thanks for posting on the community forum.

Sorry to hear you are getting an error and thank you for providing those details.

To help me look further into this for you, are you able to provide me with the steps you are taking before this error occurs and a screenshot of the error message that pops up for you?

Let me know how you are travelling.

hes_bruce
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Maxine_BC,

In this instance, I am exporting 5 seperate invoices from MYOB, "Tidying them up" & then importing as one consolidated order as per our customers wishes. It used to work well with Premier.

By tidying up I generally:

• remove gaps between invoices
      • make the date the same
      • remove comma's from quantities
      • create new order number

I appreciate you help.

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi hes_bruce 

Thank you for import file, log and the additional information.

-25 Invalid Amount error generally means somewhere within the transaction the figures don't add up. From your import file, I can see that this sales transaction is Tax Exclusive. So as calculation goes:

- Total column should equal to Quantity x Price

- GST column should equal to 10% of Total

- The sum of the GST column should equal 10% of sum of the Total column.

You can open this file in Excel, add a temporary column A, set formula to quantity x price, then create another column to be 10% of column A. Then compare the figures in the temporary columns to the existing columns 'Total' and 'GST'. E.g. line 44 in the import file has quantity 100, unit price 0.11, but the Total is 10.54 instead of 11. You can also run the sum of these columns and see if they match. 

Please do go through the figures in the import file, fix any mis-calculation then try importing it again.