Myob no longer requiring password to log in

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
bonzo
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Myob no longer requiring password to log in

Lately it seems Myob is able to open without a password, even after quitting & turning off computers overnight.

Seems risky.  Is this normal?  What's changed? thanks

11 REPLIES 11
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Myob no longer requiring password to log in

Hi @bonzo 

Are you referring to an online file or an offline file?

If the file is online, someone has likely set your User Access to allow you to sign into the company file using the my.myob username and password. If set up this way, you do not get prompted to log into the file with a username and password - this is skipped.

Check under Setup > User Access.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
bonzo
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

ok that did it thanks

Helen_Keegan
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin

I noticed this lately too with me.  So I checked what you said and I also checked my other staff.  All of them are ticked to "This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account".   I'm the only one that does the access and I didn't change anyone.  I also noticed I am able to login without a password, but my staff are saying they have to put theirs in.  I'm a bit confused

@gavin12345 wrote:

Hi @bonzo 

Are you referring to an online file or an offline file?

If the file is online, someone has likely set your User Access to allow you to sign into the company file using the my.myob username and password. If set up this way, you do not get prompted to log into the file with a username and password - this is skipped.

Check under Setup > User Access.

Regards

Gavin

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @Helen_Keegan and @bonzo 

It's great to see that @gavin12345 has provided assistance with this. If you selected "Trust this device for 30 days", then it will not ask you to sign in again every single time you open the application.

If you want to sign out at the end of the day, you can do this by simultaneously pressing ctrl + O > Online > Sign out.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

bonzo
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

I see - that was the change .  Previously the Trust This Device was for the Authenticator, so you didn't have to do that again for 30 days.   Now it applies to the password itself. 

Not a great change for financial software to be honest.

Helen_Keegan
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Well that's not quite correct.  I still need to put my email in every day. It's my password that isn't asked for.  And the rest of the staff have to put their email and password in every day even after the authenticator for 30 days.  We all do that.  It's only me affected.

I sign in with email, no password required.  That's not good as far as I see

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @Helen_Keegan 

As it is only happening on your device it sounds like there might be a setting on your computer causing it to skip this step.

Can I confirm - are you logging in through the Desktop or Browser version or both? If you only use one, can you try opening on the other version to see if it behaves the same?

Could you also take a screenshot of the log in screen (redacting your email address), so we can see what it looks like on your end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Helen_Keegan
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Samara

It happens on both. 

The log in screen is quite normal. When I click on the MYOB icon, my company file appears, I click that and I go straight in.  No request for an email or password.  I have sent you the screenshot via PM. Not really wanting my details on a public forum.

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @Helen_Keegan 

Thanks for sending that through. I can confirm there has been a change in the login process which now keeps a user signed in. We have passed on your feedback to our development team.

I don't have an estimated time frame for if this will be changed back, but as a workaround, If you want to sign out at the end of the day, you can do this by (simultaneously) pressing ctrl + O > Online > Sign out.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post