Foreign Currency sales

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RodneyPollen
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Foreign Currency sales

Hello,

I import our sales invoices in to AccountRight Premier AU 2023.6.0 from text files generated by our POS portal.

I was able to import some sales in a foreign currency but the others ignored the currency code and went in as AUD.

The threads I've read say this feature is not available in the new AcountRight but some sales did go in as Foreign currency sales but I can't seemt o replicate it.

Is this feature now available or is there a work arround?

Clearly it is possible

7 REPLIES 7
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: Foreign Currency sales

Hi @RodneyPollen

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

Currently, importing foreign currency sales based transaction is not a feature of the product. All imported foreign currency sales transaction will be imported as the local currency. You can check on this Help Article: Working with multiple currencies for more information. 

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance. We're happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,868Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @RodneyPollen , a possible workaround is to import the sales, which will (most likely) all be imported as AUD, then edit the foreign currency sales and change their currency and re-record them. Looking at the sales register, that will put the correct imported sales value in the FX column, and the converted amount in the Amount column.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

GeorgeK19
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I posted that same question 4 years ago and still no advancement.

For some reason when importing USD service sales for a customer, it defaults to AUD even if the customer card is USD. Strangely it works for service purchases. Surely it cannot be that difficult to fix given it works for purchases.

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @GeorgeK19 

As with many such reported bugs and missing features, it is not a question of difficulty, just willingness. Sadly MYOB is lacking in this area.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @RodneyPollen,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly, I just want to thank @Mike_James for sharing helpful insights and information. In addition to this, you can also check on the Help Article: Working with multiple Currencies. This help article has the detailed information for Foreign currency issues. 

You can reach out to us anytime if you have other questions or concerns. We are happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @GeorgeK19 and @gavin12345,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter, our team is aware that some of our clients have experienced some difficulties. Rest assured that this will be raised through the required team.  

You can reach out to us if you have other questions or concerns. We are happy to assist. 

Thanks, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

GeorgeK19
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Cel,

I appreciate your response but is there a way in speaking with someone who can fix this problem of importing service sales in USD? We are still forced to use Accountright V19.16 and cannot put this online because of this issue. We pay $2000 per annum and cannot get the benefit. I am concerned that Myob will stop supporting V19.16 in the future but our preference is to put the file online.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post