Forum Discussion

Maree06
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Historical sales in USD

I need to enter historical sales or pre-conversion sales for my USD and EUR customers but they are not on the customer list when I go through the setup balances. Only my AUD customers are on the list.

I have just received a USD payment for a pre-conversion sale. Can I just enter this through receive money? without actually applying it to an invoice?

• Hi Maree06 , the historical sales screen will only work for the local currency customers. 

You can enter historical sales in USD as a service sale, allocated to your receivables account. Use a code of N-T (I'm assuming your USD invoices had no GST content). This method ensures that your ledger does not change, and you don't count the income twice. Use the same exchange rate as was on the original invoice. 

However, if the invoices are dated prior to your conversion date, the conversion date is what you will have to use.

Don't record the USD payment via Receive Money. Once the invoices are recorded as above, you can use Receive Payments and apply to the invoice as usual.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Maree06 , the historical sales screen will only work for the local currency customers. 

You can enter historical sales in USD as a service sale, allocated to your receivables account. Use a code of N-T (I'm assuming your USD invoices had no GST content). This method ensures that your ledger does not change, and you don't count the income twice. Use the same exchange rate as was on the original invoice. 

However, if the invoices are dated prior to your conversion date, the conversion date is what you will have to use.

Don't record the USD payment via Receive Money. Once the invoices are recorded as above, you can use Receive Payments and apply to the invoice as usual.