Historical sales in USD

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Maree06
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Historical sales in USD

I need to enter historical sales or pre-conversion sales for my USD and EUR customers but they are not on the customer list when I go through the setup balances. Only my AUD customers are on the list.

I have just received a USD payment for a pre-conversion sale. Can I just enter this through receive money? without actually applying it to an invoice?

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,867 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,867Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Historical sales in USD

Hi @Maree06 , the historical sales screen will only work for the local currency customers. 

You can enter historical sales in USD as a service sale, allocated to your receivables account. Use a code of N-T (I'm assuming your USD invoices had no GST content). This method ensures that your ledger does not change, and you don't count the income twice. Use the same exchange rate as was on the original invoice. 

However, if the invoices are dated prior to your conversion date, the conversion date is what you will have to use.

Don't record the USD payment via Receive Money. Once the invoices are recorded as above, you can use Receive Payments and apply to the invoice as usual.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Maree06
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Historical sales in USD

Thanks Mike.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search