Forum Discussion

AmberLeaf
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Accrued leave carried over from last year

I am having issues with some of my employees accrued leave balances not carrying over from last year. 

I have read that there is no need to close off a payroll year anymore, only to finalise STP.

Does anyone know why these leave accruals would not carry over, please?

Yanike_S
    2 years ago

Hi AmberLeaf 

The Entitlement Balance Summary and Detail reports are only able to run for the last and current payroll years. 

If you are needing to run those particular reports prior to last payroll year you would need to restore a backup prior to closing that payroll year to produce those reports. You can restore a backup via File>>Backup and navigate to the required backup before selecting to restore it. For more information on restoring a backup please see Help Article: Restore your company file.

Alternatively, you can open AccountRight in the browser and run the Leave balance report (or Leave balance (detail) report) and go back as far as you like. This is probably an easier option than restoring a back up.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AmberLeaf 

Thanks for your post. Can you please go into your entitlement categories (Payroll >> Payroll Categories >> Entitlements tab >> *relevant entitlement*). Do you see the 'Payroll Year End: Carry Remaining Entitlement Over to the Next Year' box ticked or unticked? If this box is unticked, it would account for those balances not carrying over. Note that the Carry Remaining Entitlement.... box can only be checked when the category is initially set up.

Should you be in a situation where the option was initially set up incorrectly, you would want to look at creating a new payroll category with that option enabled. You then want to transfer the balances across to that required new category by processing a $0 pay with all hours zeroed out but with the correct figure for the entitlement balances added.

AmberLeaf
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Yanike,

Thank you for your help...I noticed that the box is NOT ticked in the Sick leave Accrual entitlement.

I am unable to delete that current Sick Leave Accrual entitlement so have created a new one with the name "Sick leave accrual - NEW" and ticked the box. Now I need to work on transferring the balances...do I need to work out how much accrued leave hasnt transferred over the period that the employee has been with us? One in particular has been with us for about 4 years.

Will the other Sick Leave Accrual entitlementment continue to calculate the accrued sicke leave and appear on the employee's payslip? Should I untick the box to appear on the payslip and change the calculation to manual calculate each pay period?