Advance Payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Advance Payment

I am considering how to assist a staff member with some cashflow problems and wonder what the process would be for paying wages in advance or providing a cash advance via the payroll system. Would I need to enter additional hours or just enter a $ amount. I am concerned with STP reporting, it would become quite messy and likely incorrect.  The idea is for the employee to get some money upfront to be repaid later from his wages. 

Alternatively I would consider giving him the money privately and for the employee to repay me back privately. 

Any comments on either path?

1 REPLY 1
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,910 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,910Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Advance Payment

Hi @TomD

Thanks for reaching out. 

Apologies for the delayed response. Doing advance payment for employees are not uncommon, most business has this. We would need to create an asset account and a pay category for this and link it to the employee. Here is a helpful article Wage advances and employee loans. This will outline the complete steps in doing the employee's advance wage. 

Let us know if you encounter any issues or have any questions regarding this. We're happy to help further. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post