BAS reporting PAYG tax withheld W2 Amount withheld from total figure differs from Payroll Activity Summary Report

Marli
Trusted Cover User
29 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

29Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BAS reporting PAYG tax withheld W2 Amount withheld from total figure differs from Payroll Activity Summary Report

Hi community,

I am reconcilling my BAS return and the PAYG Tax withhold section W2 Amount withheld from total salary, wages and other payments differs from my Payroll Activity Report.  I have found the problem being one of my new payroll categories was Not assigned.  I have since changed this to assign to Gross Payments but my question is how do I reflect this so the Auto generated total by the ATO (STP) is correct.  I can manually change it on the ATO site as part of my BAS but I need help with what to do in MYOB so the totals balance. Fortunately the total out is contained to one employees pay for one week.  Can anyone steer me in the right direction please?  

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,182 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,182Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Re: BAS reporting PAYG tax withheld W2 Amount withheld from total figure differs from Payroll Act...

Hi @Marli,

Thank you for your post.

I apologize for the delayed response to your query. It's great that you've identified the problem and changed the ATO reporting category in the employee's payroll details. To ensure that the totals in your BAS return are consistent with the figures in your payroll reports, you can update the information in the ATO via the STP section. This can be done by sending an update event or processing a $0 pay for the specific employee. Once it's accepted by the ATO, you can now verify the changes by checking the YTD verification report.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Marli
Trusted Cover User
29 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

29Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Re: BAS reporting PAYG tax withheld W2 Amount withheld from total figure differs from Payroll Act...

Hi Princess,

Thank you for your help and link to the STP section.  I sent an update event thru STP Phase 2 although it did not direct me to select any individual employee and it processed the event for all 10 employees listed and the Gross figure did not change when I went back into the ATO site under the PAYG tax withheld section to finalise my BAS.  There was reference that "pay event reporting data has been successfully pre-filled".  Not sure what I need to do now.  Any ideas please?

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,182 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,182Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Marli,

Thank you for your response. 

It's important to note that there can be a delay in the reflection of updated information on the ATO site. This latency is usually due to the time it takes for the ATO systems to process and update the data sent through STP Phase 2. While the exact time can vary, it's generally expected to be within 24 to 48 hours. However, if you've already waited beyond this period and the information still hasn't been updated, please check the YTD verification report from STP to verify the changes and reach out to ATO for further assistance.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post