Forum Discussion

CatherineC
Partner
2 years ago
Solved

CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03 EOFY Finalisation Urgent

I completed the end of year finalisation and everything reconciled. An ATO error came back for all staff. The Error is CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03.  Nothing has changed in my file.  It was accepted with errors by the ATO. When I did a check of what was reported there are massive errors with the final data to the ATO and it is totally inconsistent with what I have reported

When I called the ATO they have no reference for this code and said to call MYOB.

Does anyone else have this issue and how can it be resolved?

• Hello CatherineC 

This error means there's an invalid character somewhere in your in your payroll information in MYOB. Invalid characters are "[ ] ! # $ % * ; = @ <>\ _ { } ^~`"

You'll need to check for (and remove) any invalid characters in your employee cards and payroll category names.

If after checking the above you are still getting the error, we have found the following might also resolve the issue:

• For any of the drop-down list selections, ensure that these were selected from the drop-down list and not just typed in. eg for the State, instead of just typing NSW or WA  select it from the drop-down list.
    • Take out any spaces in the phone numbers.
    • Remove any brackets, / or - in the addresses 
    • Make sure you put in the Country
    • Run a $0 pay run as of 30/6/22 (ensure that all the fields including annual/sick leave etc are $0.)

Please let me know how you go.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello CatherineC 

This error means there's an invalid character somewhere in your in your payroll information in MYOB. Invalid characters are "[ ] ! # $ % * ; = @ <>\ _ { } ^~`"

You'll need to check for (and remove) any invalid characters in your employee cards and payroll category names.

If after checking the above you are still getting the error, we have found the following might also resolve the issue:

• For any of the drop-down list selections, ensure that these were selected from the drop-down list and not just typed in. eg for the State, instead of just typing NSW or WA  select it from the drop-down list.
    • Take out any spaces in the phone numbers.
    • Remove any brackets, / or - in the addresses 
    • Make sure you put in the Country
    • Run a $0 pay run as of 30/6/22 (ensure that all the fields including annual/sick leave etc are $0.)

Please let me know how you go.

CatherineC
      Partner

Many thanks for your held Chris,

Yes that worked.  I also had to take out the termination dates for staff who had left.  I had also already setup STP Phase 2 and I think this complicated the process of untangling this issue.  It took a few zero pay runs to actually resolve the issue but your notes gave me a plan of attack.  I really appreciate your help. 

Catherine