Correcting a wrong payroll tax category

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sarah74
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Correcting a wrong payroll tax category

Hey, I went to check our EOFY STP report and discovered i had the wrong ATO reporting category against the unused leave payroll category and it was 'unused leave on termination', instead of being 'cash out leave in service'.

It was 3 pays made in Novemer and December 2022.

How do I correct these send and accepted pays before I finalise the STP EOFY?

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,185 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,185Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Re: Correcting a wrong payroll tax category

Hi @Sarah74 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

You'll need to change the set up of your unused leave payroll category to the correct ATO reporting category. Go to Payroll >> Payroll Categories >> select the category to open and change it to the correct ATO reporting category >> select OK to save. After doing this, go to Payroll reporting center on your STP reports select the send update event. This will update the information reported to the ATO.

Are we able to solved your concern? If YES, please click on "Accept as Solution". If NO, please feel free to reply on this post and we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers, 

Princess

KatCT
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi,

I have had the same situation where I identified a wage payroll category had 'Not Reportable' incorrectly assigned as the ATO Reporting category, the correct category was 'Gross Payments'.   This payroll category had only been used once for one employee.

I updated the payroll category and processed a $0 pay for the employee, the STP report has been accepted by the ATO but the employee's YTD gross payment figures have not changed to include the one-off payment. 

I need to fix this ASAP so that I can finalise all 100 employees.

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,433 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,433Posts

180Kudos

386Solutions

Hi, @KatCT 

Thanks for your post, and sorry for the delay in response.

Since you were able to identify and correct the ATO Reporting Category that causes the discrepancy, kindly make sure that when you process a $0 pay run, the date entered is still within the affected payroll year. For further information, kindly refer to The Help Article: End of year finalisation with Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post