Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Long Service Leave set up on trial company

Dear Advisor,

I  set up long service leave on the sample company, as per MYOB support notes.

I entered a trial pay for one of the employees, so I can ensure that the b/f balances , and monthly accruals are correct, before I enter them on the actual file. However, the sample company does not record an actual pay, even though I entered the record button.

Please advice how I can enter it so as to verify my samples are correct?

Thank you

Shanthi 

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

491Solutions

Re: Long Service Leave set up on trial company

Hi @SDesilva,

Thank you for your post, and I regret the delay in responding back to your query.

I understand that you're having trouble recording actual pay, despite having pressed the record button. To better assist you, could you please let me know if there were any error messages displayed after you attempted to record the payment?

Furthermore, you may check our Help article, Using the Sample Company File (Clearwater), which has information that can provide guidance on processing a payment using a free trial product.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

SDesilva
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Princess_R,

There were no error messages displayed after I attempted to record the payment, it simply vanised.

It was on a sample company file saved off-line.

Also I don't seem to have access to the Clearwater Sample File, where I can make multiple test entries.

Our employees are on Annual Salary, and are entitled to 0.86667 weeks per annuam (13weeks/15years).

However, when we set up the file about 25 year ago, it was set up as 8hrs per day/40hrs a week, rather than 7.6hrs per day/38hrs a week. We still need the employees to be entitled to 0.86667weeks per annum - we do not want to deviate from the statutory requirement.

All the employees are professionals and are not restricted to 7.6hrs or 8hrs per day. I need to get my monthly entitlement in hours correct. 

Please let me know the correct calculation to use based on a 40hr week, without compromising the entitlement of 0.8666weeks per annuam

Will be of great help, so I can set up the Feb monthly wages to include LSL.

Thank you

Shanthi

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

491Solutions

Hi @SDesilva,

Thank you for your response.

Let's discuss your concerns one by one. Firstly, regarding the issue of the payment disappearing without any error messages, it's quite unusual. I would recommend checking payroll activity reports to see if they're recorded. As for the Clearwater Sample File, it should be accessible for making multiple test entries. If you're having trouble accessing it, could you kindly provide a screenshot of the window where it'll show the list of Clearwater sample company files?

Now, regarding the calculation of the monthly entitlement based on a 40-hour week without compromising the entitlement of 0.8666 weeks per year, it is advisable to reach out to your accountant regarding the calculation since we're not permitted to provide advice about the correct calculation. However, I can provide you with this Help article, Long Service Leave, which has detailed information to guide you with setting up LSL.

Please let them know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post