14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

18Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Long Service Leave taken and paid by portable LSL Authority

The ACT has the portable long service leave scheme that our employees are registered with. One employee is taking her Long Service Leave 4 weeks soon and is going to be paid by the ACT Long Service Leave Authority.  My questions are how to account for this in MYOB STP while she is away. 

I understand that as she is being paid by the scheme we will not need to pay super. 

However I believe that she will continue to accrue annual and personal leave.  I am not sure how to accrue this through payroll when she is not being paid anything - would you calculate how many hours it is and see what the accrual for both is, then delete the hours worked and add in the accruals and process a nil pay?  

As she is not being paid by us her employer then I am assuming that the authority will report the leave being taken and PAYG being taken out and it will all end up in her end of year payment summary.  

I would be grateful for any advice on how this all works.

2 REPLIES 2
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,163Posts

117Kudos

489Solutions

Re: Long Service Leave taken and paid by portable LSL Authority

Hi @Polly_Templeton,

Thank you for your post.

You've got the right idea about how to handle this in MYOB STP. Since the employee's Long Service Leave is being paid by the scheme, there's no need for you to worry about super payments. And yes, they'll still be racking up their annual and personal leave. It’s advisable to seek advice from an accountant to ensure accurate reporting for tax obligations. In the meantime, I've found this Help article, Portable Long Service Benefits Scheme, which provides detailed information on how this works.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Polly_Templeton
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

18Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Long Service Leave taken and paid by portable LSL Authority

Hi Princess,

Thanks so much for your answer. 

I had seen this MYOB help article but wanted to note that it is for Victoria only and does not mention the case where the authority pays the long service service. 

Otherwise this message can be closed.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post