Forum Discussion

2 months ago

MYOB Accountright

Hello

We are trying to record the pays in MYOB AccountRIght Live however I am recieving the error "An application operation has timed out. Would you likfe to retry the operation?" When selecting Retry, the same error appears. If Cancel is selected, the error states:

There's been a problem connecting to AccountRight Live. Possible causes include:

- an issue with your internet connection

- the company file is being upgraded or restored

- the AccountRight Live service is undergoing maintenance

There are no updates on the MYOB status page, I have not issue with my internet connection and there is no one else in MYOB.

I have restarted MYOB several times, restarted my computer and had my colleague try to record the pays with the same result.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

4 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AngelaDot,

Thanks for your detailed post. As of March 28, 2024, we have not received any notifications or posts from other users regarding this issue. To address this, please refer to this post for the solution. AccountRight Timeout Extender.

Please note that we recommend individuals seek assistance from their IT professional if they are unfamiliar with modifying this type of file.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

AngelaDot
      User

Hi Earl

Our IT department went through their troubleshooting processes including trying to record a payrun from an external system on a different server etc with the same result. 

We eventually had to process the 118 pays in batches, 30 did not work but in batches of 25 or below worked.

After more investigating, we have found that this has been an MYOB issue previously over the years. 

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Business-Payroll-MYOB-Team/Checking-pay-run-failed-Try-again/m-p/863012

We use AccountRight Plus which has Unlimited payroll - processing a batch of 118 employees should not be an issue, and has not been an issue in the past.

If this is something that MYOB are changing, please let us know so we can re-evaluate our current plan. We will be processing another payrun next week and don't wish to encounter the same issue. We would prefer to know that if this is not resolved, we will process in smaller batches until a fix has been implemented.

Regards

Angela

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi AngelaDot 

I'm surprised this has not been an issue in the past - as there have been plenty of forum posts about this. So while technically there is no limit, practically there is. Same applies with many things in MYOB, works fine until you hit some threshold.

I suspect that rather than being a function of the number of employees in your payrun, other factors also contribute, like the number of payroll categories used, whether you use leave accruals etc. Offline it seems to work ok even with large numbers, online (where it must be for MYOB's STP) is where users report  issues and having to process payrun in small batches, as advised by MYOB.

What some users are doing to get around this is taking their file offline (permanently or just when processing payrun) de-registering from MYOB's STP Reporting and using STP Creator for STP Reporting. This software was specifically developed for offline MYOB users and allows them to comply with STP without being online to process payroll. It extracts the payroll data out of the MYOB file and performs all the functions of MYOB's Payroll Reporting Centre. The software even have a function to migrate from MYOB's STP and de-register. A side benefit is that payroll can now also be deleted, so if you make an error, you can delete and re-enter before you submit the STP Report to the ATO.

Regards

Gavin