Forum Discussion

timberlovers
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

New user with limited access can't access preferences

I have set up a new employee and restricted their access to Sales, Purchases, Inventory and Cards.

They need to change their set up to show item name rather than number, but Preferences and Easy Set Up Assistant are greyed out and can't be selected.  

Can anyone advise if there is another Role to select in user access that will grant access to Preferences?  

• Hi timberlovers 

Thanks for your post. By default, only users assigned the Administrator or Accountant/Bookkeeper role can change preferences. If you want to allow your users to change preferences, you'll need to customise the default role (You can find this under Setup>>User Access>>Manage Roles>>General>>Preferences.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi timberlovers 

Thanks for your post. By default, only users assigned the Administrator or Accountant/Bookkeeper role can change preferences. If you want to allow your users to change preferences, you'll need to customise the default role (You can find this under Setup>>User Access>>Manage Roles>>General>>Preferences.

PAG
      Cover User

Hi Yanike_S 

I have followed your instructions but still cannot get the preferences to show on restricted employees. I need to select always print invoices for my restricted users.   Any clues on what I'm doing wrong?