Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Outsourcing Payroll

Hello

We are mobing our payroll from MYOB to anothe payroll company and I am looking for help on how to report to ATO our final months payroll with MYOB before our transfer takes place early 2023.

I do not want to do an EOY finalisation as I will be transferring the yTD figures to the new compaby, so any advise you can give would be appreciated.

I am based in the UK so with time dfferences I am not finding it easy to communicate with a person deirect at MYOB

Thank you

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Cloud_Mind
    Ultimate Partner

Hi BrendaJT 

Tread carefully with migrations and STP reporting.  If you are not confident to do what I suggest below yourself I recommend engaging someone to help you. 

As you are wanting to enter the opening balances and report the finalisation in the new system there is nothing to finalise in MYOB however YTD the figures would have been reported to the ATO with each pay event.   You will need to remove the payroll history from MYOB.

If you are using MYOB ARL I recommend you take a back up first (So you can restore if something goes wrong)

I would recommend you run all your payroll reports and ensure the balance to the STP EOFY payroll finalisation figures first in MYOB.  Make sure you save PDF copies of reports and balancing prior to adjusting anything in MYOB Software. 

• You will need to go into the payroll history of MYOB presuming ARL and go to YTD totals and delete them out.   It must be the YTD totals (Don't do it by month or quarter etc). 
    • Run a STP pay event to the ATO via MYOB. 
    • This will back out the figures back to zero YTD with the ATO.      

When you run your first STP pay event in your new system the opening balances YTD should report back to the ATO.   (I would recommend you check with the new software this will be the case as well before adjusting anything in MYOB). 

I hope this is helpful and given you some insights.   

Should you wish to engage my services to help you please feel free to reach out below. 

Regards

BrendaJT
      User

Thank you Renae

So just to clarify,

I would clear the YTD totals by selecting each employee form the card list,

then select payroll history and YTD from the drop down box

and change all history to $0 eg (base / Bonus / PAYG / Super)

Once I change all employees to $0, I would run a STP pay event to ATO, via MYOB

Is this correct?

Thank you