120 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

120Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay Slips Not Emailing

I have had random reports from staff over the past couple of pay dates of pay slips not being received.  It is only when I sent other emails to staff regarding pay issues that they respond to advise that they had not received their pay slip.

I was very careful today to tick the box at the top of the screen to select all employees to email pay slips.   But now that I go back into the sent emails area, only half of the pay slips are shown.  One of the emails that has not sent is my own, and I have checked that the email is not in spam.  

What is going on here?  We are legally obliged to send pay slips to staff and I shouldn't have to double check that this is actually happening.  

We are using Accountright Live, desktop version with the file in the cloud, not the browser version.

12 REPLIES 12
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: Pay Slips Not Emailing

Hi @SDuddy,

Thank you for your post. We appreciate you for notifying us about your concern.

Did you received any notification regarding the email not being sent? Can you please check the default pay slip email address of the employee if it is updated. To check this go to Card File >> Card List >> Employee Tab >> Open the employee's card file >> Payroll Details tab, and then check the pay slip Email. Kindly check the Hep Article: Print or email pay slips and Email troubleshooting (emails are not being received).

Let us know if you require further assistance or if you have questions or concerns.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept Solution" to assist other user find this information

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

SDuddy
Experienced User
120 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

120Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Celia

There have been no changes to any staff email addresses and they are all showing correctly. 

No email or bounceback notification is being received to say the email isn't sent, it just isn't sending and I am only finding out when the staff ring me to ask why they haven't got a pay slip.

Staff have previously been receiving pay slips with no problems, and I would say that it is only in December that we have started having issues that staff are selected to receive the payslip email, and it is not sending.  I am ticking the box at the top of the screen to select all staff to email payslips, and then different people are randomly not receiving their payslips.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

HI @SDuddy,

Thank you for the update. 

You mentioned that random emails are not sent, in this matter, could you please retrieve the diagnostic log so we can investigate this for you? 

I hope to hear from you soon. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

SDuddy
Experienced User
120 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

120Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

This is the oldest diagnostic file that is showing on my PC and I'm not sure it will help since it is the day after I did the pays.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @SDuddy,

Thank you for sharing the error reports.

Can you please confirm if the section where you entered the employee's email address and option to send by email match with the image below. You can try changing the email option to Print & Email to test this too. 

If that matches correctly can  you please check if the Print/Email Payslips >> Emailing >> Advanced Filters and ensure the tick box outlined below is not ticked. 

This Help Articles: Email Troubleshooting, Set up AccountRight to send emails, and Viewing pay runs and pay slips, has detailed information and  and process that you can use a reference. 

Feel free to post again if  you need further assistance. 

Kind regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

SDuddy
Experienced User
120 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

120Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

The payslip option is set to email as we do not print payslips.

The tickbox in the advanced option is generally ticked on because I only want to see current unsent payslips.

I have been processing payroll in MYOB since 2017 and never had an issue with emailing payslips until recently.

We are not getting any error messages from the email system regarding these emails, they are just not sending.

I don't need to know how to set up emails in MYOB, we have been emailing documents directly from MYOB for several years now without issue apart from the odd blacklist email address.

It seems like you don't have any idea why this is happening...since the last update.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @SDuddy,

Thank you for the update. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Since the last update, we have not had any issues regarding sending pay slips via email. Can you try to provide an alternative email address for employees who do not receive pay slips? since you have mentioned that randomly employees are not receiving pay slip emails it seems that the issue is with the email address of the employee. And kindly ask your employee to make sure that MYOB is whitelisted.  

Let me know how you go on with this. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

ChelseaW
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi we've also had this same issue the past few months, with some employees not receiving their payslips. Even though I select them to be emailed in the "Print/Email Pay Slips" screen they dont show up in the "Sent emails" screen. We run a weekly payrun.  Its seems to be random who/when it effects, but the common theme is its effecting employees with Gmail and Hotmail email address. We have been sending to the same email address' for years and havent changed our processes. Its only starting happening frequently since January. Can anyone provide a solution?

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @ChelseaW

Thank you for your patience and for bringing your concern to our attention. I understand how crucial email communication is for your business operations. I apologize for the delayed response.

In general, if some of your emails are not being sent, it could be due to the volume of emails sent at once. Our system processes emails more efficiently when they are sent in smaller batches. I would suggest sending your emails in groups of 10-15, which should help improve the delivery rate.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance or have any other concerns. We're here to support you.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post