Forum Discussion

BOTP
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll Error

I have recently moved to electronic payments for payroll. In doing so I have found several very old entries (2008) for a staff member which are flagged as electronic payments. In order to remove these (the staff member was paid by a different method) the system suggests that I reverse the transations.

I am not sure what effect this will have on my payroll balancing and whether STP might be affected, despite that the employee no longer works for us and the transactions are well before STP was invented.

Is there a bullet-proof way of removing these payroll transactions?

Raf

• Hi BOTP 

STP is only affected when you process or change previously processed pay runs. In this situation you're not making any changes to the actual pay transaction, you're only moving the net amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account and clearing those transactions from the Prepare electronic payments window. As such, this process won't affect STP.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi BOTP 

Thanks for your post. To remove transactions from the Prepare electronic payments window you will need to process the electronic payment transaction by clicking on Bank file. You don't need to save the bank file as the wages have been paid. This will move the amounts from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. 

As the wage payment would have been recorded with another transaction, probably Spend money, you'll need to journal those amounts from the bank account. You'll need to speak to your accountant regarding the applicable account to move the amounts to.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

BOTP
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Tracey.

Can you please confirm whether STP will be affected if I follow your suggestion? As the entry is well before STP and the employee no longer works for us, I do not wish to create STP entries.

Thank you.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi BOTP 

STP is only affected when you process or change previously processed pay runs. In this situation you're not making any changes to the actual pay transaction, you're only moving the net amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account and clearing those transactions from the Prepare electronic payments window. As such, this process won't affect STP.