Forum Discussion

Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
4 months ago
Solved

how to delete a payroll error

Hello

I have to delete a payroll entry that is incorrect. The pay has not been paid to the employee.

When I read up about how to do it, it said go to the payroll menu and click 'pay runs'

but I can't find a 'pay runs' section to click on. 

Can I just delete the incorrect entry by deleting it through the 'transaction journal'

Can you help please?

Lindy

• Hi Wilfords,

Thank you for your post.

The reason you're unable to see the “Pay Run” tab is because you're utilizing the AccountRight desktop version. In this version, the ability to delete a payment is only possible if the amount hasn't been withdrawn from your bank account and hasn't been reported to the ATO.

To delete a pay, navigate to Find transactions >> Card >> choose the employee's name for whom you want to delete a pay >> select Edit >> Delete transaction. Before proceeding with the deletion, please ensure that the "Transactions can't be changed, they must be reversed" preference is not selected (found in the Setup menu >> Preferences >> Security).

For more detailed information on how to do this, you may refer to this Help article: Fixing a Pay.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi Wilfords,

Thank you for your post.

The reason you're unable to see the “Pay Run” tab is because you're utilizing the AccountRight desktop version. In this version, the ability to delete a payment is only possible if the amount hasn't been withdrawn from your bank account and hasn't been reported to the ATO.

To delete a pay, navigate to Find transactions >> Card >> choose the employee's name for whom you want to delete a pay >> select Edit >> Delete transaction. Before proceeding with the deletion, please ensure that the "Transactions can't be changed, they must be reversed" preference is not selected (found in the Setup menu >> Preferences >> Security).

For more detailed information on how to do this, you may refer to this Help article: Fixing a Pay.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess