Forum Discussion

Beulah
Experienced Cover User
4 days ago

Deleting an unprocessed payroll electronic payment

I have processed pays and then went and paid employees individually from bank account because I forgot about the newly set up electronic payments in the payroll.  I need to either change the paid from account from electronic clearing account to the working account, or delete this electronic payment transaction and entire payrun and start again.  Super has been paid and processed already.  Payments have been paid to employees manually already.  I really hope someone can help me.  Thank you.

• Hi Beulah,

You can delete a transaction from the "Prepare electronic payments" window by going to Find Transactions > Account tab > Select the electronic clearing account and then look and open for the transactions that you need to delete > Click the Edit menu > Select Delete Transaction. You can also check this link for more information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Beulah,

Those two options you mentioned are good alternatives. However, if the payments are already in the electronic clearing account, it might be easier to process each one as an individual electronic payment to the bank account of your choice to match the already processed payments.

Let us know if you need any further help with this.

Thanks,

Genreve

Beulah
    Experienced Cover User

Thank you Genreve.  I still don't understand what I need to do.  I could do a journal entry from working acct to electronic clearing acct to zero that and show the wage amount out of the working acct.  But how do I delete/clear the pay entries in the "prepare electronic payments"?

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Beulah,

You can delete a transaction from the "Prepare electronic payments" window by going to Find Transactions > Account tab > Select the electronic clearing account and then look and open for the transactions that you need to delete > Click the Edit menu > Select Delete Transaction. You can also check this link for more information.

Best regards,

Doreen