Forum Discussion

Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

how to delete a payroll error

Hello I have to delete a payroll entry that is incorrect. The pay has not been paid to the employee. When I read up about how to do it, it said go to the payroll menu and click 'pay runs' but I ca...
    6 months ago

Hi Wilfords,

Thank you for your post.

The reason you're unable to see the “Pay Run” tab is because you're utilizing the AccountRight desktop version. In this version, the ability to delete a payment is only possible if the amount hasn't been withdrawn from your bank account and hasn't been reported to the ATO.

To delete a pay, navigate to Find transactions >> Card >> choose the employee's name for whom you want to delete a pay >> select Edit >> Delete transaction. Before proceeding with the deletion, please ensure that the "Transactions can't be changed, they must be reversed" preference is not selected (found in the Setup menu >> Preferences >> Security).

For more detailed information on how to do this, you may refer to this Help article: Fixing a Pay.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess